SITE REVIEW: Lay My Bet

• bad_bob00
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bad_bob00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Have got a new website which is dedicated to informing people on how to earn money through matched-betting.

Website address is http://www.laymybet.com

Appreciate any comments about it :)

Thanks a lot. Matt
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a feeling I've reviewed this site on another forum before.. anyways, the design concept is original! I would suggest lightening your pink (on top) so that the black text on it is more visible :)
  • cocobrown
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The back ground is cool but it doesn't grab my attention for some reason. Even though the content is great, I think you need to add some more color, graphics or something to capture the visitors attention. Other than that, I think the content is great and the background is original. Just needs more color or something.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I am going to try to explain this as best I can. The text is overlapping the background on my monitor. I think the concept you have tried to protray with the design, is that the text is actually written onto the note pad paper, is it not? In my opinion, it looks abit silly, looking at this over lapping text. I imagine this is because you have the background image set at 900px. I am browsing with a widescreen monitor, so I imagine people who are browsing at larger resolutions will also know what I mean. My advice is to always set background widths to 100% That way, it will always look the same in any resolution.

There are errors all the way through the code, I think you used dreamweaver of similar to make this page? Dreamweaver is not good for picking up coding errors, so you really need to know what you are looking for to pick these up.

More info here - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.laymybet.com

Other then that, I like the idea, and its a useful site.

You can learn alot from coding ;) I have learned that since being a member ot Ozzu :P
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The content seems quite excellent. However the apearance of the site made me feel like I was looking at a 3rd grade weekly reader. It's original, but the site looks like it's targeted to kids. I mean I really haven't seen anything that looked like that since at least third or fourth grade and that was nearly 40 years ago.

When I got my first initial glance, I truly thought it was a kids site.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
The content seems quite excellent. However the apearance of the site made me feel like I was looking at a 3rd grade weekly reader. It's original, but the site looks like it's targeted to kids. I mean I really haven't seen anything that looked like that since at least third or fourth grade and that was nearly 40 years ago.

I have to agree on that also.
  • mae
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
ATNO/TW wrote:

I have to agree on that also.

Third on this. Although the design is indeed cool... and it would be even better if it (the design) is related to the subject matter
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems very wordy..I didnt read the whole page, cause I'm not into gambling. Maybe someone that is into gambling, will appreciate the content. Some of your text does not line up with the background lines.

Think about dividing up the site into multiple pages.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The content is excellent and easily understood by someone familiar to gambling, and truthfully (technically speaking) the page was designed (and coded) extremely well.

I guess it's just the concept of it looking like a kids page that has me puzzled. Maybe like - Lay Bet 101? *lol
  • raees
  • raees
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was impressed of the cool design of ur site.It is light and easily downloadable.Provides a quality content which is easily understandable.One thing, I'll suggest is to give it some professional touch with regard to background color, Upper navigational menu becaz at first look it gives an impression of some kids site.

Keep it up!
  • Tinytoast
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tinytoast
  • Loc: foothills of cali

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a problem with notebook paper background..the sentences don't match up to the lines...lol. But hey, that's me.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be nice if text would start with some indent to right from the red line, and if you set the proper line height so that each text line would show up on a "copybook" text line. Otherwise, I am not such a great fan of that bg.
  • coolio
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • coolio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good to me . Tthe concept is good and original. I like the layout and design. I think uve used a ready made template and ts come off very well, Something very similar to mine
geocities.com/surgmcq
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the simple navigation, but I agree with ATNO/TW about how it looks more like a childrens site. The notebook paper background is a good idea, however I am not sure if it is suitable for this type of site. Maybe change it to a background with money, dollar signs, cards, etc. Something more to do with what the site is actually about. I like the fact that your advertising isn't all over the top of the page and doesn't slow you down while trying to check out the page. This is a good idea for a site and I think you should keep it going, but in my opinion, just think about some design changes.

Thanks,

David
  • a1sapat
  • a1sapat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like this site. The design is different and eye-catching. However, your pages are really long. Maybe they could be shortened a bit so the user doesn't have to do a lot of scrolling.
  • rockout
  • rockout
  • Loc: Rock.profusehost.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its good. The only thing i dont like is the color change from your navigation bar to the content
  • neuro productions
  • neuro productions

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the doodle style,
but now it's still to chaotic, clean it up and don't use so many fonts :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers