SITE REVIEW: layout for a personal site

• kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I've been toying with an idea lately. I wanted to start a website which would be a hybrid between a personal site/portfolio and a general IT topics site - a news/blog kind of thing in the general spirit of Web 2.0

Here's the design that I came up with:
http://www.kocisz.com/

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. All the subpages excpt the 'portfolio' are pointing to index with a sample entry from wikipedia- so you can see how the layout would work with some content
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The site looks nice. I think it would be great at establishing brand recognition. The skyline and the other images are great, but the smoke gives a feel of battlefield 1942 or some other war game effect. Maybe it's just a bit too dark to have that smoke for my taste. On the other hand this also contributes to give a personality to the site, maybe you should keep it.
  • sienko.info
  • sienko.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Konrad!
It's pretty nice site. I like the golden theme! If you're Pole we could contact by gg. 6737042.
  • gdhanasekar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi kocisz your site looks like gaming website and also dull.Try to make the proffessional look because your website about IT... :P
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added a background to make the site a little brighter.
As far as the gaming look - it was never my intention, but then again I wanted a site that would be more of a personal site that reflects my design preference more then the industry's standards.

And yes, I am a Pole... gg:1726303
  • lawson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • lawson

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow i love the site, the way you have set it out, the theme and the pictures they are all great well done. but it would be good iff you could add some more infomation about I.T i don't know mabye info on certain computers and keep users updated on the latest news on I.T but yep a great site mate well done.
  • mediait
  • mediait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I think it looks very stylish but whether the style suits the content I'm not sure.
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to clarify that this is just the initial phase of the design. I don't want to start adding content before I'm positive that I have reached the design that I want to show to larger public.

And regarding the style versus content.. well this is a personal site with the intentions of reflecting myself (like an artist... pronounced arteest lol) that's why there's a little bit of an unlikely mixture of IT content with gloomy (sort of) design...
  • elemanyak
  • elemanyak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The layout looks original and the graphics are really good. You adapted the layout on wordpress. It's good. I like it...
  • tekintatar
  • tekintatar
  • Loc: Istanbul

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because its a site where visitors will mostly spend time reading your content, try to make the background color more reader-friendly.

Also i would suggest you to summarize what you are offering at the top of the page (5-6 words). Visitors should be able to understand what you are offering quickly when they enter the site.

Other than these, i think its a good idea.

Good Luck with your site

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers