SITE REVIEW: Lesmurdie Tennis Club

• alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

just like some comments on the following site (I know it only works in IE atm and the coding needs cleaning up, but hey, it's a work in progress)

Old: http://www.lesmurdietennis.com

New: http://www.lesmurdietennis.com/new

Thanks
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new layout is much better. The color chosen is really good ( reminds me of tennis courts ). As i can see some parts of the site are still under construction , but the site might spawn some tennis players to the site. Nice work on the whole , *thumbs up*
  • DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

both Sites are good, the new layout is a little better.
There is a terms and conitions link on the new layout, it still doesn't point to anything, I guess it's under construction too. You'd better remove the email address from the contact page, or make it unavailable to robots, or just put a mailto link instead, you can get tons of spam that way...
Good work *thumbs up*
  • dispector
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dispector

Post 3+ Months Ago

obviously the new one is more clean, etc.

im glad you changed the color, the old one was kinda a mess (especially with the calendar). New one is very nice. its simple, gets the point across.

my only concern is cross-browser compatibility (as you mentioned)
the image on the top-left part of the nav doesnt show up in FF and for some reason my mousey doesnt treat it as a link (in any browser...theres no pointing hand) im assuming its javascript onclick comman? (although i dont know much about JS...just a guess). Also, you might want to center the "Welcome To Lesmurdie Tennis Club" text and change the text to something a little less pixaly. You might want to add a border to the image right under that text too.

alright, thats it...im starting to ramble. nice site...now just fine tune it.
  • keef
  • keef
  • Loc: cambridge uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you are still building the site, but I found the homepage a bit boring and lacking interest. I think it is the colour you are using (although I know it is as close as you can get to grass!!). You need more content on the front page and hitting the gallery picture on the front page only opens up into one photo, the thumbnail shown. Maybe this should ope up the whole gallery ?

The gallery from the menu was opening fine, but with no titles to the photos, it would have meant more with some brief description.

Also the address says WA...being in the Uk I haven't a clue where WA is, so a fuller address would be cool
  • Sweetpotatopie
  • Loc: Flint, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like the angle in the banner on the first page. I think it shows motion. What you page is missing is texture. Maybe you should use a lightly textured image for the table background or the page background (maybe an asphalt-type in the color you have there now?).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers