SITE REVIEW: lestermagic.com

• lestermagic.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestermagic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a new design, and Im just contenting it up. I only made it because I was working on another site that was taking a long time, and I didnt like the idea of not having a site up. Take a loom and tell me what you think.
http://www.lestermagic.com
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why did you start a new topic for the same site instead of continuing from the same Site Review topic?

poly
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site definitely needs a title tag, to start with. Untitled Document just isnt a very good name for a site. There's no header, description, or any form of identification about what your site is about or what the theme is. The timer thing is cool, but surely thats not what your site is about :? . The site news portion is too skinny, you have enough room that you can widen it up a little bit. Also I'm not a big fan of the fact that you have to use the arrows to scroll up and down the content, it takes too much time. Make it more like normal windows where you can jump up and down the vertical scroll bar. Also, when you use the arrows to select hours/minutes/seconds, I have no idea how to use it. The hours can go up to 99? As with the minutes/seconds. Is it a countdown TO the time you enter in, or FROM the time you enter, you dont really explain it.

I think what your site needs, overall, is structure. There's just no header and footer that you'd expect from a website and if I found your site out of nowhere, I'd just have no idea what it was about. I noticed you used flash and a lot of the work is impressive, but most of the site can be better utilized with plain html, with the use of iframes and so forth. And at the risk of becoming just a plain jerk, I'm still not entirely sure what purpose your site would serve, realistically. I cant see why someone would stay logged on to your site for hours at a time in the hopes of being redirected at a later time, all to the rythm of 4 tracks. Maybe give the site a little more of a theme and it'll take shape. I wont go into white space and colors coz I think I've said enough already! Despite my rantings, there's a lot of good work thats gone into the site, so I hope you take my criticism with a grain of salt.
  • raybman
  • Loc: Los Angeles, California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with all of daremedy's comments.

But I would like to mention a point on your navigation links.
Navigation links "seem" to be non-existent since cursor action has been deactivated on hover, so a user can't tell the links are active. Many users would believe the site isn't active at all. At least a hover color would be helpful. Perhaps this is your goal of being "mysterious", keep your users guessing... however many users will just move on.
  • delmea
  • Loc: West Yorkshire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, was not impressed and felt the need to leave very quickly. There was not anything here to grab my attention to make me stay any longer than the 10 seconds I visited.
http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes less colour makes for a great design. I would say that this is NOT one of those times! You should really add some more colours and styles - the simple colours and courier text make it look like some early DOS/UNIX GUI screen.
As the other reviewers have mentioned, the site is very dull and makes browsing tedious, which is surprising as the site is a Flash site.
I would definately add another colour or two, get rid of the courier font and add some stylized images for the navbar.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

agreed with the rest of guys.
dont you think that there are too many words on home page?
Dont know. but just my 2 cents.
plus it is hardly interesting at all.
  • J-G
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

The content of your site is good, but all the rest is bad(terrible :oops: ).
First there is no header, and the navigation looks like text and not like a link. You may also use real scrollbars, because when you are scrolling, you don't know if you are at beginning or at the end of the table.
You're site is also to skinny, you must use more place.

If you work on the layout of your site, it will be great
  • Shock

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like it. It gives me a head ache trying to figure out which scrollbar goes where, simplify it captain! No one needs to be reminded how much time they have wasted on your site either, makes me want to contemplate a second meal.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I try to figure why you needed Flash when all you've got is a background image (and that quite faded). try to make it wider and maybe in a "normal" code :) If you are using animation, at least put images, effects and so on,
That's what I would do. put some graphics and maybe make it wider :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers