SITE REVIEW: Limit Gfx

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, This is my second next to limitsigs but i felt that charging people for signatures was kinda bad because they can get them for free from most people. So i decided to show off some of my work in this website

Ive had soo much help from all of u guys here at ozzu and hopefully you guys can help me make my website as good as it can be..

i will be getting a .com name soon.. so when that comes along ill be sure to edit this post

http://www.freewebs.com/limitgfx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a couple of spelling mistakes in your portfolio, and some other minor grammatical errors on your site that detract from things a little; but, in general it looks pretty good, although it could do with some more content...

Keep up the good work.

Btw, your art work is amazing.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright ill look over the spelling and thanks
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

what is wrong with it i might just be tired but what is mis spelled?
  • mystery250
  • mystery250

Post 3+ Months Ago

To answer your above question about typos:

Unfortuanatly - Unfortunately

amout - amount

The site itself is nice and to the point. Could use more content, but as you said, you are still in the process of updating it.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have any Good ideas of what I can add for content?
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok...I honestly don't like when I go to a site I am faced with a blank page because your main page is almost blank.

Black, white and gray...Those aren't colors so basically your site is boring. (no offence)

Because of the fact that your page is so empty your navigation looks extremely redundant through out the site.

For coding - doc type info is missing and meta tags isn't there.

Don't mean to be Mean but I'm just giving the facts in afterall it's just my 2cents.
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the layout and the graphics.

I recommend distinguishing your document's background from the main table cell's background. (They are both the same color of gray. Consider using a pattern)

You should probably add a copyright date as well.

You could always use a table in your about me section. It would look a lot cleaner.

It looks like a great page though...
  • Archaic Sage
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Archaic Sage
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're going for the webdesign bit, like it said in the About Me area, you should try to get your site to be coding standards, at the bare minimum. That way it looks like that you are serious about what you do.

I like the area at the top and the header, they give a nice feel for the site, and the image looks really 'cool' too. I don't like the Font though, I think it could do with having something done to it. Maybe a shadow or giving it the 'Stroke' option on Photoshop.

The front page is far to empty. If this is going to be about your design portfolio, give us your personal mission statement, or an introductory text, such as:
"Welcome to Limit Gfx. At Limit Gfx we are dedicated to providing you with the best quality websites, print works, advertisements and media works in general. etc.etc."

If you can write enough, it will make the page look less empty.

Try throwing up some more content, or a possible blog or something similar.

Copyrights are always a good idea too.
  • pbradish
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pbradish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skirge,

The site looks pretty cool. The scheme works well with your portfolio. You are very talented :)

The only thing missing is content, but that will come with time I am sure.

Keep up the great work man,

Paul.
  • biggy199
  • biggy199
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Outstanding artwork

A talent like that should be displayed on your Homepage.
After all that’s what the site is for, to display your art.

Ps. i must say my spelling is very poor and unfortunately i am way older than you. I usually type it up in Dreamweaver then copy and paste into word to make sure.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

This doesn't exactly have to do with the site, but... your signatures could use work in the text-blending department. The first few look pretty good in terms of graphics, but the text-blending really throws it off. The rest all look somewhat amateurly done in terms of the cutting of the images, etc.

The site itself, with a lot more content/work, would look pretty well. I'd suggest either using more colors/adding a lot more content, or using brighter colors (brighter colors tend to make even a simple site look more professional, and more filled out).

You could probably use a slashed background to make it seem less boring, and it would probably accentuate the main content area. Your fonts are somewhat boring... you might consider using something more appealing and eye-grabbing for the title ("Welcome to Limit Gfx"). Links seem a little bland... colorize them, or something. Maybe make the bold, but the plain white matches your regular text far too much.

Your downloads page, instead of simply linking to DeviantART download, should also carry a link to the actual Deviation so that they can read the details, etc, and possibly view the rest of your DeviantART gallery. Also note that you should have a few more details than "most of these are Photoshop brushes". Describe what kinds they are, what features they have, and what they offer. Also... are they your own work? There's no way for us to tell, we're left to assume.

The links are far too redundant. You have three links for the same page in three different places. If the page was extremely long, links at the bottom would make sense, but two sets of the same links at the top of the page is still redundant. You may want to consider removing the top 4, and changing the bottom four to something more appealing... adertising offers? Services? Something other than what's already been offered in the navigation.

You may want to considering bringing the light level of the main content body up one level, so that it's just a bit brighter than the background. It makes it look somewhat transparent, as if it's a transparent window above the background. Possibly overdone, albeit effective.

One last thing... the copyright. This is more of a question than a critique, but... how is a copyright like that supposed to be done? I've always used something simple, not really knowing what most of it truly meant (I of course knew the basics). Also... just because you designed it and wrote all of it, does it necessarily mean you can copyright it? You can state that all the work is yours, but can you copyright your own words without going through the proper authority? I'm just wondering... and does the "all rights reserved" actually mean anything when used in that context?

As a bonus, I'll also critique your artwork. I, myself, am a graphics designer at times (generally only things I need), but there's a few things you should address with your signatures. First of all, like aforementioned, you need to work on text blending. Here's a tutorial written by my friend explaining one way to go about doing this: http://forums.gamertagpics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6704 . Secondly... you may consider adding borders to them. Third of all, the actual text placement on some of them is... off. On the first one, it's pretty well placed, but in the General Grievous signature, the "Limit" is too far to the left, and the "General Grievous" seems too spread out... you may considering lining them up vertically, or lowering the "General" part so that it's barely hovering over "Grievous".

Sorry about the long post, just speaking my mind. Hopefully you don't take any offense to my actual graphics criquing... I'm a critical person in that regard.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers