SITE REVIEW: Limit Gfx V3

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasent feeling the dark looks anymore so i went with a lighter theme ..

i have also added some forums to it too.

What else should be added like another page and what would the theme around the new page be.

the website is http://www.freewebs.com/limitgfx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, you are a precocious young man. When I was 14 I was not so ambitious. My advice is to post a gallery of samples of your work, aka, a portfolio. I would go with a 3 column layout, but that is just personal preference.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i was thinking of just posting all of my artwork in my forum but i guess i will put a page on my site
  • winsonlu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • winsonlu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your picture is so large
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

what picture ???
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the banner but the font and layer style used for it looks really awkward. The border between the banner and the menu and content looks bad, too. Try going for some other designs! You should change the body font to Verdana or Arial becuase Times New Roman just too formal while your layout has a more contemperary feel. (Btw, I'm 12 years old)!
  • iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice start, though something more needs to be added. More graphics to fill up the blank white space. Right now it's just too static, though I do think it's a solid beginning.

Add some CSS to spice up your fonts. Times New Roman is just boring if it's sitting alone. Get some other fonts mixed into your site too, but make sure you don't use more then two or three for your entire site. Too many gets confusing for us viewers.

Good luck!
  • Otti
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Otti

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks pretty good 2 me.
  • Aftermath
  • Aftermath

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the banner, but like gsgfx said, the boarder between the content could be improved. Also, since you are promoting yuorself as a grahpic desinger, I would suggest spicing up the menu with some graphics.
  • bee3902
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bee3902

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
I totally agree that you should put some of your artwork out front and center. I chased it down on the forum and it's great! Really colorful - put some of it out there on the home page and that will spice things right up!

Also, regarding that bar between the header and the body - it's just a bit chunky given the smoothness of the design above it. If you make it much thinner it won't fight as much.

Finally, I'm not sure if you wanted it this way but it appears that your photo is distorted.

You are doing a great job! Keep up the wonderful artwork!
:lol: Meg
  • Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Layout is good. Needs a different font other than that Times New Roman.

Tahoma or verdana would be nice.

Also you don't have a portfolio. Either you havent put it up yet or you dont have one yet. Either way I would suggest that you try to get one up soon.

Add some more graphics. If its going to be a graphics company, it should be very conceptual.

Maybe some flash could spice it.

I like the logo, the logo looks great. Hope you did it.

Good luck! :D
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

the forum is great and all but the home page is dull and you still have http://www.freewebs ect. on your header on the domain name and you should have the freewebs site redirected to your domian name
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing i looked was the Big , Blue Gradient image which looked out of place. If you replace it with light blue narrow image, it would look "much" better. The header is impressive , and looking at your age , its really well built. Keep up the good work.
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Frostbyt3 wrote:
Layout is good. Needs a different font other than that Times New Roman.

Tahoma or verdana would be nice.

some browsers dont support other fonts like that its a good idea to stick with the bacsics
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL alright here we go again, I have gotten to V3 of my website Limit GFX and hopefully the last!

I still havent figured out how to show images because the code doesent work anymore but you can click on the links on the my Artwork page

And i know there is an extra ball under Forums but just ignore that stuff

and i have added a url that you can access it at

http://www.freewebs.com/limitgfx original

http://www.limit.gfxweb.net new
  • aintlovegrand
  • aintlovegrand

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm. Heres my suggestions. As i've been working with gfx for awile now, i'll put in my opinion to try to help you with your future work in gfx :P 8)

1. Instead of brushing in just 1 area, to make the background look better, you should paint the background fully, then make a new layer Ctr+shift+n and then paint just a little. After you've painted once or 2 times with the second layer then you choose a fill.. (normal, color, overlay, vivid light, luminisity) those types, which are right above where it shows your layers. Anyway, just keep painting, changing fill pattern, new layer, paint, new fill. I usually get about 10-12 layers in my sigs, and then i choose the variations.. So my background is a mixture of nice colors that blend together :) If you'd like a tut on this, i'll send you a video one...
2. Maybe you could blend in the text a little more :P
3. http://www.dafont.com (just incase you dont have it ) :D

Well dude, those are my opinions.. Nothing harsh, your images look great, just a few suggestions to spice them up a bit :) good luck on future gfx bro
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright thanks

UPDATE : I have added a Fast loading audio player now i just need some basic music with no lyrics

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers