SITE REVIEW: //link removed

• lawson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • lawson

Post 3+ Months Ago

me and a friend have made a site //link removed it is new and we are working on getting some more users. it is not a forum for any specific meaning just a general forum.

i would like to know what i could do to improve my site please let me know.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mediait
  • mediait

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would think some graphics(banners/icons/images) might brighten the display especially on the home page. I like the fonts and layout.
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with mediait. Nice site overall, easy on the eye and just needs some members now!
  • lawson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • lawson

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys, i will work on the site
  • Jay Watcham
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jay Watcham

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am Jay Watcham - The owner, administrator and webmaster of JayWatcham.com.

Lawson is an administrator on the forum

Thanks for your comments - I will update the site accordingly and also could a mod or admin please rename topic title to //link removed

THANKS !
  • PromotionBlaster.com
  • PromotionBlaster.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site,,,,but very plain,,,,,work on some graphics and it will be 10 times better,,, good luck
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look into making the Memberlist on the forum visible only to registered members at the very least, to Moderators/Administrators is what I'd do.
Email spiders, spammers, and people like me LOOOOVE phpbb memberlists, in fact, I spider any phpbb memberlist I find on Google looking for email addresses & websites that appear on many different sites in spammy ways so I can ban them before they get to me.

Any chance of setting the menu up so the other options don't get shifted around when one gets hovered over & grows ?
Maybe it's just me, but that drives me nuts, makes me feel like somthing's broken.

Get rid of the "Soon To Come" stuff, I don't care if you have to put a picture of your neighbors cat, just put somthing there.

Considering thoose are your favorite links, why not add a small screenshot near them ? Maybe 100 - 150 pixels wide.

Navigation pulls a Houdini on me in the Blog.
Blogs are supposed to be pulling people into the rest of the site, not being able to navigate from the blog kinda kills that idea.

I kinda like the idea of using a 3rd party for a contact form in one sense.
But in another, I'm not so sure about putting my email address in there now that I know it's going through a 3rd party & nobody told me.

Text is kinda boring by itself, check out things like phrase elements and linking to places like the "Tendring Technology College" to spice it up a bit.

Might want to go ahead & move the CSS for the Anchor elements into the stylesheet ?
Not quite sure why you've got them the way they are right now.

Might want to setup an ErrorDocument, the default Apache sent document isn't pretty like the rest of the site.

I like the logo, is that the same font phpBB uses on the bottom of it ? If so, what font is that ? (a pm would rock, I'll likely forget to check back here)

By the way, I'm using Opera 9 on Windows XP SP2
Nothing looks broken (other than that navigation shift, I believe it's meant to do that though)

That's about all I have to say for now.
It's been awhile since I've reviewed anything, you just happen to be my random click, hope I was able to give you some things to do. :D
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forum page:

The forum is embedded within an iframe on the page and you have to scroll to view the bottom - this gets quite annoying as you then have two scrollbars (the main explorer one and the iframe one)...this could get annoying for some users!

Otherwise loving the simplicity and the layout - maybe a few graphics here and there as others have said

nice one
  • Jay Watcham
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jay Watcham

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi - thanks for the reviews - they are great !

LOL - the reason the stuffs in the document not style sheet is because it messed up before and I was too lazy to fix it LOL - ill fix it though.

Yes - I love that font and it is the one used on phpBB and it is called Triplex (premium font) but i recommend getting it - its a great font.

You can navigate from the blog but I may add it to under the header like the rest of the site and I am going to add the stuff on the pages tonight aswell as put a small screenshot

Graphics may be nicer but i like the simplicity at the moment of it.

Thanks for the comments ...
  • cyberoptik
  • cyberoptik
  • Loc: IL.USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

First off, the site is pretty easy on the eye like a previous user mentioned, but I'm not crazy about the title text (outline).

The one thing that really popped out to be is the iframe for the forum. It would drive me crazy if I were to navigate that forum to post and such while being in an iframe. You can easily incorporate your template into the phpbb script, just edit the overall_header / overall_footer (.tpl) files.

Ron
  • zaccary
  • zaccary
  • Loc: Somewhere in the Biosphere

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall lay out of this site, clean and simple. Easy on the eye.

What gets on my nerves though is the changing text size in the menu on mouse hover.
It also needs a bit more on the home page. A few images describing the site and/or as it is still under construction, some images or text entries describing what may or will come in the future.

The forum is a bit annoying in the sense that you have to view it in such a small area and you need so scroll down to see it all. This is just a personal opinion so I'm not sure what others may think.

Also just FYI, your blog cannot be found.

So, it looks good from my point of view and good luck on setting up the rest of the site like your gallery and such.
  • upset
  • Born
  • Born
  • upset

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

i thing that proposal is good but the graphics part is worst case especialy

used hover. I think color hover would be better solution.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers