Voting Chart

Total votes : 2

How would you rate the program's concept?

•  
    5 - Great, I'll join!
  •  
    4 - Good, I'll consider
  •  
    3 - OK, needs to be developed
  •  
    2 - Not original, I won't even consider
  •  
    1 - Is this a joke?

SITE REVIEW: linkexchange.piksites.com

• piksites
  • piksites

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I just launched an automated link exchange program which should help webmasters like you find link partners. It would be great if you could give me some feedback on the design and overall idea of the program.

The site is: http://linkexchange.piksites.com

Thanks
  • may
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Holland [NL]

Post 3+ Months Ago

Propably will join or not..

Its not clear to me to what my advatige is with joining this site.. This is because we only like to link verry limited sites that forfill the requirements that we state for them..

Our site has a verry clear goal,.. its for gamers

second, most of our users and visitors are dutch,

third, it has to be handy to keep these links close..

spamming just some array of links wont do it for us, maybe it would be nice for our "startpagina" users, but will doubt it. Maybe when a verry specific catagory can be selected and the goals on why to join and what my advantages are when i join your site could pull me over the ledge, but when i review it now i can only say that i will be spamming links that might not be used verry much...

sorry :oops:

good luck and greetz
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I found odd was that when I was on the "home" page, the Contact link in the menu was underlined and had rollover options while the rest of the menu did absolutely nothing. In addition to that, the rollover grey font clashes with the dark background and makes the text virtually hidden. So I guess what this all boils down to is to work on your menu's visual appearance.

Now, the welcome page seems a little too long, it felt like I was reading a disclaimer. You have great reasons to join, but 9? People arent really going to go through all reasons. Choose the most effectives ones, the ones that use words like FREE or EASY or MORE TRAFFIC. Just get to the point. You can condense the remaining points in one last point, but definitely try and trim that thing down. And another thing with the join page, at the end where they can click to join, its so small and squished into the page!! You want that to stand out!!! Increase the font size or font color or create a "join" image. Do something! That sentence looked like part of the welcome blurb. And also, that "Example Scheme" link is blue and has a rollover effect? The rest are gray and have no rollover evffect? You're not being consistent.

On the FAQ page, the first one, What do I need to join..? When you mention that the site has to be in compliance with our terms, have a clickable link to your terms page when you mention it, for easier navigation.

In the contact section, I've always been a fan of seeing an actual email address. The reason being, I find that people who dont display a contact email are a bit shady, like they dont want you contacting them for some reason. You can keep the submission form you have, but if you're comfortable with it, add an actual email address.

In your Terms (which is actually shorter than your Welcome screen!), you can tell that you came up with a lot of the terms by yourself. Doesnt come off with a professional wording. Also, revise your wording, for example, "Our scripts will crawl your website(s) several times a day to insure our code is constantly on them.", the word is ensure, insure implies insurance. Also at the end, "Although this program is meant to increase your search engine ranking, unawaited events", unawaited isnt a word, and even if it was, what the heck does it mean?

One thing I noticed, going to your How it Works page, your external links (like the link to php.net) open in the same window. You should open those in new windows, to keep your user still on your site. Any links that relate to your site can be opened in the same window. Also, just noticed that your css for visited links is dark grey, which makes any visited link almost blend in with the text and makes it un-noticable. Modify that.

In your sign up screen, no big issues there. However, you should make a javascript to check for a valid email. I just signed up with the email fffffffffff. Just check for an "@" and "." at the very least. Thats only if you actually care about getting a correct email!

The rest seems groovy. I've thrown a lot of crap in your direction, but I like the overall feel of the site. The layout is simple, the navigation is good and the colors (aside from the links) work well. One thing I'll throw your way before I end this novel is to maybe toss a "All Right Reserved" or something as a footer at the bottom of each page. It looks too empty down there, so have a nice closing footer. Good stuff.
  • piksites
  • piksites

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the great feedback. What about the program's concept?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers