SITE REVIEW: livingjunction.com

• laesvirta
  • Born
  • Born
  • laesvirta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

I'm looking for feedback for http://livingjunction.com - anything regarding the landing page, concept and design is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well its okay but im not thrild about a couple of things. for one it looks like its only supported for chrome,firefox, and safari. Also when viewing it in IE8 it redirects me to saying its unsupported. something else while on that page it keeps on refreshing constantly.

also i notice that the main content on the home page is in a frame of sourts. if window size is small some of the content fits fine while theres a scroll bar in the middle of the screen across the page.

however it got alot of petential. keep up the work.! :)
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. I'd suggest a visual horizontal divider of some sort between each area under "What can I do with Living Junction". A simple light-green <hr> tag between them with plenty of margin above and below it would probably do the trick. See below:

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 12.00.47 PM.jpg
  • jackofdiamonds
  • Born
  • Born
  • jackofdiamonds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love it! the concept definitely has potential!
What do you think will be the way people can benefit by using Living Junction?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found the explore button down the bottom, so your trail feature is a single href on text, something to think about.

Went and found something popular and opened the link
http://livingjunction.com/journal/how-to-save-money/1

i saw this and on the left is the cover of a man and woman looking at the camera like it was a up tight business snuff film. mite be just me but that cover does not sell it for me, then again on the left was a picture of Marilyn Monro look a like and a 70's plane.

by the 3rd viewing page i was basically over it, lets start making a list.

- i only just found the login text fields that are like 5% opacity, that is bad if i can not find the login area that is clear as day.
- connect with facebook may be great for marketing and monitoring users but i take the quick fb connect very seriously as do not have a single web site that uses it because the privacy of my visitors is important. Could not care how popular it is, i don't feel right with fb connected to everything possible that runs on internet.

- lol seriously how do you scroll through the magazine i can only get the first 2 pages next to each other every time. really need to work on navigation

- mite wana bring it down to single page viewing and have it drop down, or does your site resize everything to the resolution?

mite be me but just can't see myself wanting to revisit this web site, just not my style.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Nice and fresh...love the color choice and the layout. However I am not very impressed with the choice of font for the Banner Text. You can try and play around a bit with fonts there, as that's one of the first thing that catches the eye. :)

Secondly, I agree with what Mindfullsilence pointed about divisions between areas.

Third thing is something you will notice in the attached screenshot, the connect with facebook button's placement. I havent tested it in more browsers, but thats how i see it in chrome:
Attachments:
ss.jpg
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 21 days ago

Hi! laesvirta Just now, i have seen your website It is nice and good and also it will be very attractive if you have kept the header images as movable which will be more attractive to all so that you can get your website more traffic.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers