SITE REVIEW: Lobbr.com

• lobbr
  • lobbr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please give my new site a quick review, Lobbr.com. The site is somewhat of a mix between a social networking site and something along the lines of slashdot and digg. A key is that the users decide where the site ends up going. It is in beta currently as it needs to be stressed tested. It is designed with Ruby on Rails working with a MySql backend. The layouts and UI is all done with CSS, so it should not be too hard to tweak and substitute out. Please note, since the site is in beta only a limited number of users are allowed, so if you want to use it make sure you sign up before it fills up. Also, only sports discussion is open until beta ends, then other areas will open up.

Thanks for the help.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't seem to be able to get onto your website. Says it can't display the page.
  • lobbr
  • lobbr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry about that, you probably went at the exact wrong time. Last night I had to patch it for a few bugs and given the rough time of your message, the two probably coincided. Feel free to try again, I know its all working now.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple and nice :) I like the overall design. Just a quick note regarding the URL of the entry, it makes the browser stretch horizontally due to the long urls.
  • lobbr
  • lobbr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else want to weigh in?

And for the truly skilled, any idea how I can go about promoting the site?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh oh, you didn't follow the simple rules, you broke the first one:

Quote:
Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.

I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you want people to give you good reviews, you have to in turn give 3 good reviews. By good reviews I mean you must tell them how to improve their site, give them suggestions.

Once you write 3 more decent reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 new ones) you can PM any online moderator and we will unlock this thread and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Please don't take this personal, we only enforce these rules so it's fair to every user and they all get decent reviews on their sites so in turn you can too.

I realize you've already given 3 reviews to sites, but I frankly only find 1 and possibly 2 of them passable. Your last one doesn't really say much. Please improve it or review another site within 2 days.
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

like how the site looks...its simple and easy looking
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

the blue titles font and color are a bad choice