SITE REVIEW: logo-template.com

• nxb22833
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nxb22833

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am developing this site and it is not yet finish. I would like to hear some feedback in order to finish it. I am thinking on putting a DHTML menu on top. What do you guys think.

http://www.logo-template.com
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, where to begin :shock: . Your site isnt optimized to different screen resolutions, I'm getting the horizontal scroll bar, which cuts off the content on your right side. There's a javascript error right off the bat, which is not professional. Your logo. Which one is it? You have 4 logo's at the top, and the 2nd and 4th look horrible, if you're promoting logo's, those two shouldnt appear on your site. Choose one logo and make it the site logo. And to be honest, there's nothing about your logo's that would make me, as a consumer, choose you. They're very plain and not very clear. You need a menu. Not a menu in the footer, but a menu. So add that dhtml menu as soon as possible. Moving over to your logo template page, you dont even have a logo on that page. I'd figure a site promoting logo's would at least have its own logo's plastered on every page. As I skim through your other pages, you have logo's by PixelLogo and templates by Template Monster, some by Your Template, are these all templates you created? Or templates from other people? I'm confused. I'd say your site lacks professionalism. Navigation needs to be worked on. Clean up your code ("<!-- Added by DHTML Menu Creator v2.5.0, NavSurf.com -->") and add alt tags to your images.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sooo many scroll bars !!
moreover add more attractive logos
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, as sana has pointed out. too many scroll bars.
overall its not appealing.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

nxb22833 wrote:
I am developing this site and it is not yet finish. I would like to hear some feedback in order to finish it. I am thinking on putting a DHTML menu on top. What do you guys think.

http://www.logo-template.com

Not sure if it's just my resolution - but the logos you have across the top are not the greatest quality - I see a lot of pixelation going on - they should probaby be shrunnk down or higher quality versions used. You won't get many people to buy logos when the examples you have posted aren't the best quality.

Also, some of the grammar used in the page title and bullet points on the bottom have some capitalization issues and aren't very good English. You may want to reword those as well.
  • nchoose
  • nchoose

Post 3+ Months Ago

a couple things I noticed that could definately improve your site.

1. Make it skinnier, it is the fattest site I have been on LOL It takes up my whole 19in Monitor THEN SOME!!!

2. The Logos you are selling are not properly formatted for the best resolution. They did not appear crisp to me.
The item you are selling needs to be at its best! You only get 1 chance at a good first impression!

Kim
http://www.WhatsYourDeal.com
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can see that this site has potential, but there is currently no nav. I'm guessing that maybe the orange bar at the top may be where you are planning on putting it. As far as resolutions go, the site was stretched all the way out even on my 1152 X 864 resolution. If you are going to use a fixed resolution, then you should make it no wider than 1024 x 768 resolution. And maybe even 800 x 600. But defenitly no bigger than one of those two. But you might be better of just setting the resolution at 100% so that it can be adjusted to accomidate different screen resolutions. One way or another, somethings got to be done to address this issue. But like I said, it's got potential, but it's up to you wheher or not it reaches that or not. You'll have to let us know when you finish it. That way we can let you know our oppinions about the final product. Good luck.
  • thizzle
  • Born
  • Born
  • thizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

its looks nice for me, just add more logos, and better ones
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's huge even for 1024/768
And you need to work more the layout. It's a design site, there has to be some design in it.

Good luck with the project.
  • manuel2283
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • manuel2283

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site Looks out of place, check you css and size for different type of monitors. I have my laptob set at 1024x768 and I have to scroll to right.

Text looks clean legible but still needs work.
  • barry
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

these are slightly sad im sorry to say

logos are after all the main intro to any company .. there all over the stationery and all there other stuff so why would they want one that some one else some were else already has

sorry but i dont like to put a damper on your company but i dont like non original logo's :(

barry mitchell
  • nxb22833
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nxb22833

Post 3+ Months Ago

I upgraded a little be. It is not yet finished, but before I continue I would like to see your opinions again.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's with all of this along the bottom?

Home - Logo Template by TM- Logo Template by PL- Logo Template 3D by PL - Exclusive Logo Template by PL - Type logo template by PL - Logo Template by YT- Corporate Identity by TM - Corporate Identity by PL

All of the links point to somewhere on your E: drive which, obviously, no one but you can get to.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

How come your navbar is practically in the center of the screen? Navbars shouldn't be the center of attention. Move your navbar to the top of the browser.

If you made those logos on the front page they are very nice :)

Looks like your company is all about making great logo templates for companies at an affordable cost, which is fine, but mayb eyou should spend more time or money improving the site. Right now, it doesn't have a very artistic feel to it or any kind of feel to it at all. You guys make great logos then make a great looking site as well.

I know this is a draft site but make sure to spell check and make sure that all your sentences are complete and well conjugated. I've come across a few sentence fragments on that front page and some words that shouldn't be capitalized like the word "Less Expensive", "Expensive" should not be capitalized. Same goes for "Unique" and "non-Unique" they should only be capitalized if they are a proper name or starting a sentence.

What is your company's name? Logo Template? Logo Template Affordably Fast? Either or, in my opinion, needs to be highly improved. You can't name your company like that. Try to come up with a catchier name. The "Logo Template Affordably Fast" sounds to me like a catch-phrase or a motto rather than a company name. Even if you do use it as a motto, I think you should change it to something around the lines of "Logo Templates: Fast & Affordable" that way, it won't sound as if Tarzan said it ;)

None of your links in the bottom navbar work. You have them linking to your E drive. Make sure you change that before uploading/publishing the page!!! Also don't use acronyms for your bottom navbar in case viewers don't use the top navbar and go straight to the bottom one. Things like "PL" won't mean zilch to them unless they've already browsed through the top navbar. (I know that's how I figured out what it meant)

You have some nice logos on display on your site, I'd be careful on copyright infringement. I can tell you right now I could copy most of those designs and stamp them as mine. I don't see a copyright notice anywhere on your site.

I realize that your shopping cart service is provided by a third party company, which is fine, but right now you've got like a gazillion windows opening up and it's quite frustrating, let alone intimidating when all these windows open and you get lost within them. Try to make the whole experience as user friendly as possible. Limit the number of pop up windows.

Ok I am really confused. I see other companies displaying their logos and selling them on your site. So what exactly is your site? Just like a bulletin board where these other companies post their logos for sale through you? Kinda like Amazon or eBay?

The mouseover drop down menu is nice but when sentences are longer than 1 line, they automatically go to the second line which is fine except that they are wrapping around the bullet and it makes it look very messy. Try to fix it up.

I don't know why you have a section labelled "Websites" if the sites listed in there are part of your site? I don't get it?

The link to "webmaster resources" is broken

Pick ONE style of font and stick to it. Right now I see a few different font sizes and types. Keep your entire site consistent. Bring down your font size a bit too, you're not catering to the visually challenged ;)

The link "print media" takes me back to the main page is that what you were looking to achieve?

Fix the spacing and font size on the logo design page.

"Link to us" doesn't work

Use a submit form rather than linking directly to Outlook.

Your site shows up fine in FF, Opera & NS good job! In IE there are horizontal scrollbars.

Good keywords & description.

You are using alt tags on images, good practice :)

I see some inline font tags, clean up the code by using an external CSS and style tags.

Keep it up! :handsup:
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ :shock:
Oh....
My......
Gawd.....

That, my friend, is the most in depth review I've seen thus far on Ozzu. There's nothing left to be said. Refer to my avatar for my facial expression! :roll:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

daremedy wrote:
^ :shock:
Oh....
My......
Gawd.....

That, my friend, is the most in depth review I've seen thus far on Ozzu. There's nothing left to be said. Refer to my avatar for my facial expression! :roll:

looooooooool I didn't realize it was that long.. oops

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers