SITE REVIEW: LogoMaid

• LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid
  • Loc: EU

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

We got a new logodesign project called http://www.logomaid.com.

I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and tell me what he thinks.
There is always place to make it better..so any suggestions are welcome.

Someone told me there is too much green :D I don't think so though.

Greetings,
Jan
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

that site is amazing. Great job. One thing I would say is that the buttons at the top right should be 100% clickable instead of just the text. It is clever how you put the text on top of those. Perhaps the links at the bottom of the page should go into color on mouse-over, that would add a nice effect. I see on your logo you're trying to keep it simple.. you know, your title that in the upper left but, maybe a logo design website should have a sweet logo.. not one overly fancy or elaborate but, something maybe a little more unique, classy looking.

everything works fine for me in both Internet explorer and firefox. Your page checks out as valid XHTML 1.0 transitional which is good. Well done On this site.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow i just love your site. the green is a little strong but i like it.

one thing that bugged me was the partner link text wasn't readable.
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

Partner links - we used darker color at first, but it kind of distracted users...the logos were supposed to be the main attraction on the main page. I think we did a good compromise - kept darker color for the actual partner links..but used softer gray for the actual partner link descriptions.

You are right regarding the buttons - they will be fully clickable...we got it that way at designload.net and designgalaxy.net...seems the programmer forgot to add it up.

green :) - refreshing. We didn't use green on our other sites..so thought it would be a good idea to make it different.

xhtml - was tough, but it's valid....h tags are missing though - important.

logo - we'll basically, we want users to remember the name, so didn't want to do too fancy logo. I like the font used :).

What do you think about the name LogoMaid? Pretty good, huh?

Cheers,
Jan
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah it is a good name. i still think you should change the partner links though. i'm 17 with 20/20 vision on a 17inch monitor and i can not read them. i know you can find a way so it's readable and not too distracting.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

LogoMaid wrote:

You are right regarding the buttons - they will be fully clickable...we got it that way at designload.net and designgalaxy.net...seems the programmer forgot to add it up.

You have no idea how much respect you just lost from me, it's rediculous.

^was because I was assuming it's a template that you've edited or something but, I can't even load designload.net or designgalaxy.net so, what's the deal? is it a template from there or..?
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's sort of not cool you guys owning all those "partner" sites. Yea all look pretty damn good though...
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

How did we loose respect? Our company is running all these sites, and it can happen someone forgets to add dispay: command.

If you notice the style is similar to http://www.designgalaxy.net or http://www.designload.net.

How come you cannot load it? It seems to be working fine.

Let me know.

Jan
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

We actually do not own all partner sites. Would be cool if we would :).

We own just logomaid.com, designgalaxy.net, designload.net, procartoonz.net and 2rebrand.com.

Cheers,
Jan
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loads fine now. Okay, I was not aware you owned the other sites, I was assuming that you had just taken a template off of somewhere. my bad. So, i retract what I said and go back to saying how great a website it is.
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Thanks

I just figured we'll need something like "how it works" button so users understand they can edit texts easily...and modify the logos. As some of them keep asking if the can change the texts etc...of course they can :).

We'll need also product type pulldown in search....as we sell bitmap or vector logos...so that would make the search easier I believe for people who for example look just for photoshop logos.
  • Taylor Hewitt
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first I thought it was one of those tacky sites but I was wrong. I mean it's a little cluttered an' all but not bad.
  • benf
  • benf

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good although i think the other guy was right went he said that the green buttons do need to be actual buttons, i would just top it off and look really slick.
Perhaps some more navigational buttons down the left hand side, personal preferance to skin running across top and down left hand side.

good effort.

can you look at my site // link removed
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

really sweet. I love the design and look. Very professional..Codes seem ok. I never go trhough that keenly...only my own which i hate.

I love the site tho.
  • Olga T.
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Olga T.
  • Loc: Ann Arbor, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is so nice.

Just couple remarks: a. partner links in light grey are almost invisible; b. right part of bottom menu is invisible (white text on light grey background); c. some inconsistence in using capital and low-case letters in top menu (Privacy policy, but Terms of Use; Contact Us, but Live help).

I really like your site.

Olga T.
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Yes, I already mentioned that the upper buttons..will be fully clickable. We'll need to adjust the css.

We use just lcd displays and the partner links seems to be visible enough at our boxes. We'll need to check closer...but we didn't want to distract the users.... the partner links are the last thing what the users should be interested in :) anyway.

We'll need to check the capital/low case letters....I guess you are right there.

Any searchengine-optimization-wiz around? :) I am interested to know what could be done better to get higher in google etc.

Cheers,
Jan
  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site alot!

Ok, first of all, I have a question , Did you consider puting a logo to the top of your site?

I think that the website is really easy to navigate. clean and friendly.

Maybe considering puting cheaper logos instand of the expensive ones...
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

We got about 600 cheap logos randing from $19-$29. It's the second green button. The first button lists just exclusive logos and those are removed when purchase made....

Hmm, actually as I mentioned we wanted to keep the logo quite simple...so we went with the text only.

If you guys noticed, but buttons are fully clickable now...and we also fixed the text inconsistancies which Olga mentioned.

Cheers,
Jan
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.

I like everything in there. neatly placed and good tone of colours. Except for this line at top

"HI-QUALITY UNIQUE LOGO DESIGNS, LOGO TEMPLATES AND CORPORATE IDENTITY"

it is written in two colours... I think it is better off in 1 colour. bold? maybe... :-)

pm you for link exchange as well.
  • LogoMaid
  • LogoMaid

Post 3+ Months Ago

As we used two colors in the design..we wanted to use two colors in header as well.

What website are you running? Got some quality traffic? :)

cheers,
Jan
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

did you receive my pm earlier? :-)
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks kind of "cookie cutter" to me.

Logo looks nice. I'd sharpen up your pencil and start refining the look. Start with bolder graphics and bigger images (within reason). Watch your download speed. Good luck.
  • maxpaul12
  • Born
  • Born
  • maxpaul12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I got very impressed by the work of http://www.designload.net and finally decided to subscribe for the premium category, emailed the company with a few questions and NO ANSWERS at all….tried many times….. What these guys don’t want to sell their stuff or what? No response at all…..

Does anyone have any idea of what’s going on?

Thanks
maxpaul12@yahoo.com

:cry:
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work! to me the green is fine. It pulls the eye to your copy very well.
  • TyLLy_4
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • TyLLy_4

Post 3+ Months Ago

well .. im not anyone to say ... (im just a 17 year old guy that tries his best in webdesign..) ... but i think that you site kinda suxs men ... for all i know webdesign has two parts ... the goods and the looks .. (aint that rigth) .. your site migth have the goods but the looks sucks (it also migth be that the site its not loading propelly since im using a mac) ... well .. if you want my advice .. give it litle color and order ... if visitors see that long list they are just gonna close it .. organize it in sections and make it lok neat ... ullget more hits ... thanks for reading :D :arrow:
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

Opps Kill , Please
  • FlaFilly
  • FlaFilly
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very professional looking, easy on the eyes and good navigation. Well done!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers