SITE REVIEW: Loreta @ Freehostia (Bulgaria Chat)

• Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

URL: http://loreta.freehostia.com

Homepage Title: Loreta @ Freehostia
Homepage Subtitle: Bulgaria Chat

Description: It's a simple site for the users of the #Bulgaria chatroom on IrCQ-Net. This site has only two pages: the chat page and the gallery of members with profile information.

Please review this website for possible design improvements. I'm particularly interested in improving the aesthetic appeal of the gallery page.

Any constructive criticisms are most welcome.
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

This website is good because loads of people are chatting at the moment, but I think that you need a better layout.

Snoop1000
  • lake
  • lake

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. Layout is fine for me. It's straight to the point and fine - that's what I ask from websites :)
  • etrader
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm, I did not get the purpose of this page
  • lushdigital
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Greenlush.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean design. I think you can use a new header photograph though.. the one there looks kind of blurry. Also try rounding the edges of the header.
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've previously made a different bulgaria chat design for the same #Bulgaria chat room. Again, this is simple and easy to use, but a little more presentational features, and other chatrooms too which can be found via the chatrooms homepage. I don't know which design is best - whether a whole site should be dedicated to just one chatroom or not.

Snoop1000 wrote:
This website is good because loads of people are chatting at the moment, but I think that you need a better layout.

Sometimes it's active, sometimes not so active. But there's always loads of chatters in some of the other chatrooms which u can access via the rooms list in the bottom left corner, just incase #bulgaria is a bit quiet.

How should I change the layout. Please suggest something that would look better in your opinion.

lake wrote:
I like it. Layout is fine for me. It's straight to the point and fine - that's what I ask from websites :)

Thanks lake! That's what I done because it's what 'Loreta' wanted. I didn't add stuff (except for the gallery) because she simply didn't ask (but she asked for the gallery). :)

etrader wrote:
mmm, I did not get the purpose of this page

It's a chat room - simple for chatting with people from all over the world, most of whom speak bulgarian, and most of whom are from Bulgaria.

lushdigital wrote:
Nice site

Cheers. How cold I improve it?

8everything wrote:
Nice clean design. I think you can use a new header photograph though.. the one there looks kind of blurry. Also try rounding the edges of the header.

OK - there's a few people who suggest I need a new header... I will try to find one - and I will try to round the edges. Any further tips for an improved Bulgaria Chat, anyone?
  • fadetoblack22
  • fadetoblack22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe try adding something for people to look at while waiting for a reply. e.g. pictures/news feed
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

good suggestion. thanks fadetoblack22.

the thing is though, i'm trying to simplify the main chat page. i don't know what kind of pics i should put there or where i should put them, but i'll have a good think about it. you gave me a good idea just now actually.

any more feedback on my bulgaria chatroom is most appreciated.

cheers

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers