SITE REVIEW: Los Angeles Traveler site

• latraveler
  • latraveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I'd like your opinion and advice about the Los Angeles Traveler site. As the name suggests, it's a travel guide to Los Angeles.

http://www.latraveler.com

If you were planning a trip to Los Angeles, would the information on the site be useful to you? Is there any information that you'd like to see on the site that isn't there?

Does the site hold your attention, and is it easy to navigate?

Appreciate any advice!

- latraveler
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webdesignpro
  • webdesignpro

Post 3+ Months Ago

your website looks good and has a lot of information.
you can try to put some google adsense and maybe you will make some money.
  • kofoid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kofoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good - lots of good info. I would, however, consider changing the colored boxes on the home page to complimentary colors. Also when you look at the pages, too many colors around the box. You can check this site to see a great set of examples for color pallets:
http://www.smartpixel.net/chromoweb/uks/indexgb.html

Check the examples in the orange box on the top right. You have good content, the only suggestion regarding the content, perhaps maps to you destinations would be useful.
  • latraveler
  • latraveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I got some flack for the Los Angeles Traveler homepage design, so I've redesigned it.

I'd like to know what you think of the new look and colors. Kofoid, that was a good tip with the color palettes, thanks :)

http://www.latraveler.com

- latraveler
  • etono
  • etono

Post 3+ Months Ago

The homepage looks nice, but I do not think the site is easy to navigate. Each link takes you to a seemingly disconnected site. I like the fact that you have use google maps, but I think you should be linking each section it corresponding part of the map rather then just ave some click all the buttons to find out what is at that location. It doesnt seem like you changed the colors like kofoid said because the maroon and orange kinda mash.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad start.

Your homepage is looking good. Now just make the rest of your site consistent. Only 2 of your 7 links at the top retain the look of the homepage.

Think about the value of the information you're offering. Think about the value of your site to your visitors. Some questions to ask yourself: Are you targeting only visitors to L.A.? Might your site be more valuable and popular if you targeted both residents and visitors? What if you let listed resources and local events for residents? What if you listed events for visitors that would themselves make a trip to L.A. worthwhile? There are loads of travel sites out there that focus on local and national landmarks and typical tourist attractions. How can you set yourself apart? What if you highlighted things to see and do that most vistors would normally miss?

Hope that helps, and good luck with your site.

- Gita
  • Katmandu
  • Student
  • Student
  • Katmandu
  • Loc: Spain, Mallorca

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you click on City Map in the navigation bar I think it's kind of confusing to lose the navigation for most people. First time I stepped into this site with the map I got lost and thought I was somewhere else, not in your site anymore.
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website is pretty neat. But i think more content and information need to be added. I had seen traveling site with more information and real picture. Those are taken by traveller and the author himself.
  • Perad
  • Student
  • Student
  • Perad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not over struck on the top picture, it looks like the city is on fire and doesn't really show it off as well as another picture might.

i'm also not overstruck on the navigation buttons, they are a bit too dark adn could be done better
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks decent so far. Additional content I would recommend is Entertainment and categories by age demographics...ie. kids, teens, 20-35, etc.
  • HitTheFlush

Post 3+ Months Ago

my eyes seem to be sticking to the top of the page....I know this has been suggested before, but maybe replace the bottom white with another warm color? I really do like the front picture, so much infact that I find myself staring at that and not even capable of reading the text
  • wannaknow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site definitely needs more content. Logo should probably be of better quality - it's too compressed. Also probably some links to sites where one can look for
flying tickets to LA.
  • stjepan
  • stjepan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The picture on top of the page is definitely to large, you lost useful screen space. Maybe to rearrange "Neighborhoods and Attractions" to two categories, so that black square can be smaller. And i hope you'll add some more information. All in all, very good start.
  • yenerich
  • Student
  • Student
  • yenerich

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is nice. Maybe missing some categories (rentals, rent a car, etc) and i guess need much more info if want to get high rank and high traffic.

But the site is very nice and the skyline is VERY nice too!
  • jiahao
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jiahao

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks pretty nice to me. Great information. Probably can come up with some iternary for people who plans to go for 3 days trip, 4 days trip or 5 days trip even? Some reommendations and iternary for the people. It would be super helpful to tourists :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers