Needs work
  •  
    Would never surf there!

SITE REVIEW: Loucon.com

• Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please rate http://www.loucon.com carefully and honestly. It's almost complete. We just need good opinions before completing it.

Let me know your site and i'll rate it too.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anybody want to review?
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very basic. What is up with the advertisement on the left? Nice color scheme, but besides that It is very, very, basic.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like most of the site. There seems to be no home button on at the top save from clicking on the logo, but people that are not that savvy on the net would find that hard. I know there is a home at the bottom but again harder to find.

The colors are good as they suite the site and make it easy on the eye. I seem to like sites that aren't following the blue trend.

Ohh and is the advertising needed as you are not selling anything anyway. The adds would not be generating that much money.

Good luck
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It might be basic but it is a very nice basic! I never like that orange color but it looks very good where you have used it. My site follows the stupid blue trend...maybe its time for a redesign....
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you mustardplaster and kylebacc for your opinions. they are much appreciated.

As for the home link was not intended to be at the top of the page. For this conforms to the normal template of web sites and we were trying to stay away from the normal.

We tried very hard to stay away from the blue trend which was not easy. But like all things it will take time for people to get accustomed to it. However the ad might not be needed but i'm not quite sure what to put in that section. If you have any ideas I am open to suggestions.

Thanks again for you your opinions.
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

no prob homie 8)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with heart on this one. But I do applaud you on the fact that you went away from the blue scheme. I am simply beginning to dislike it.

However here are some things to consider:

The BRIGHT ORANGE on GREY (or white in most cases) is very hard to read. Now why is it grey on my screen? because you haven't defined a background color in your css. You MUST do that, it is becoming more and more of an assumption by many people that everyone defaults to white for their window background color. I use grey because it is easier on my eyes, but with this website I could barely read the letters.

I think the darker role over orange might be a good color to base everything on, then have the rollovers be the brighter orange.
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your right b_heyer we did assume that everyones browser's background color was defaulted to white. This was our mistake, and will be fixed it asap.

Thank you for your advice it has been very useful.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad to be of service :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers