SITE REVIEW: Mahan SEO Services

  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like to have your views about the site Mahan SEO Services

thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 13502
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

First impression is good.


The shade on the following paragraph could be a little darker, my eyes really have to work to read it.
Quote:
Professional Search engine optimization services for TOP RANKINGS in major Search engines including Google, Yahoo Search, Ask, MSN Live Search and more.


Same with the menu items
Quote:
Keyword Analysis
Web Competitive Analysis
META Tag Optimization
Content Optimization
Directories Submissions
Link Popularity Development
Social Bookmarking


It would be nice if the "Free Quote" form elements cleared themselves when I focused them, rather than me having to select the text and delete it.


There's a handfull of <img> elements missing alt attributes.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
First impression is good.


The shade on the following paragraph could be a little darker, my eyes really have to work to read it.
Quote:
Professional Search engine optimization services for TOP RANKINGS in major Search engines including Google, Yahoo Search, Ask, MSN Live Search and more.


Same with the menu items
Quote:
Keyword Analysis
Web Competitive Analysis
META Tag Optimization
Content Optimization
Directories Submissions
Link Popularity Development
Social Bookmarking


It would be nice if the "Free Quote" form elements cleared themselves when I focused them, rather than me having to select the text and delete it.


There's a handfull of <img> elements missing alt attributes.


Thanks buddy for giving your time to give your review on it.
  • pushtiu_c
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website looks great... I like it ... The banner seams a little bit empty ... I think you can put something there something in shades of blue and gray like that magnifier from under the menu bar ... and you can improve your logo ... I mean, your website looks so professional and the logo looks more childish ... I think you can make a better logo out of two colors like blue and orange ... something cleaner ...
  • Snow is on Fire
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 36
  • Loc: Auburn, AL

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Impressive" was the first word that popped into my head when I saw this. The design is simple, the color scheme is good, and it looks very professional. I did have a few (tiny) problems with it, though. I'll try not to sound too picky. This post is longer than I intended it to be, but trust me that only means I really like your site. Otherwise I wouldn't pay so much attention.

First, like joebert said, the menu items had me literally squinting. When it comes to design, small font can make a site look better sometimes - but I have to wonder, is it really worth it if potential customers can't read the menu without reaching for their glasses and touching their noses to the screen?

Over in the main text, you read the first bit (If you are searching for an SEO...etc). It's indented, font is good, color works well. Then I see "Why our services?". It isn't indented, and its highlighted with a blue that doesn't contrast the text color enough, making it slightly hard to read. I also think you should consider changing the text color from that grayish color to pure out black. The current color would look pretty as a screen shot, but when I'm actually trying to read it - not too easy on the eyes.

Now, I don't know how this looks in other people's browsers (I'm using Firefox 2) but for me, on the left side menu, the top bit which tells you what page you're on (I like that, by the way), is indented over the right a bit and that looks wonderful. However, the "Free Quote" bit is completely left aligned so that the "F" is right up against the side, and only the right corner of the box is rounded. I don't know if you intended for this to happen or not... but it kind of stuck out to me.

My only other problem was the logo is a little... small. There's a lot of blank room to the side and it looks like something should be there. Perhaps you could try resizing it so its larger, and then putting the "Mahan SEO Services" to the right of it? I'm not sure if that would look better, but I'd try it just to see. Also, your free quote button at the bottom looks brown to me. I don't see brown anywhere else on the screen and it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe a lighter shade of blue or orange would be better?

All of this might seem a little picky, like I said, but sometimes little changes can cause a big difference, albeit subtle. I'm just of the (personal) opinion that these things might be taking away from the full potential of your site.

But you'd kick my butt in a web design competition any day. 8) Seriously, all in all, awesome job.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks "Snow is on Fire". That's what I say - a Serious and honest review about the site; you put here.

I will definitely try that changes which you all have discussed above to make more wonderful and professional.

Thanks Everybody and have a great day ahead..:)
  • rebel_christ
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • rebel_christ
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

one thing that bugged me- which bugs me on a lot of sites- "Live Chat Coming Soon". It's either there, or it's not- or at the very least I'd like to know when exactly it's expected to arrive. There's hundreds of sites that seem to be stuck in some sort of live chat pergatory and they should be put out of their misery. If it's vital you have it, then me it clear when it's available, if not then just get rid!
Other than that, I like how clean the site is- the free quote button is a bit out of place though.
I love SEO Dude as well.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1828
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't as much a review as a friendly word of warning. I always frown upon taking parts of other people's websites (even images) and calling them your own. But taking something like the Apple Automator logo (on your home page) directly from a corporation like Apple that takes copyright law very seriously is just plain stupid.

I know that Apple has changed their site and its a little harder to find that image now, but it still doesn't take that much work
http://www.apple.com/feedback/automator.html
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html#automator

I would seriously recommend getting rid of that image and any others on your site that you don't have permission to use.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy wrote:
This isn't as much a review as a friendly word of warning. I always frown upon taking parts of other people's websites (even images) and calling them your own. But taking something like the Apple Automator logo (on your home page) directly from a corporation like Apple that takes copyright law very seriously is just plain stupid.

I know that Apple has changed their site and its a little harder to find that image now, but it still doesn't take that much work
http://www.apple.com/feedback/automator.html
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html#automator

I would seriously recommend getting rid of that image and any others on your site that you don't have permission to use.


Many thanks to you buddy...My designer have cheated me....
  • Nikshi
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Nikshi
  • Posts: 7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Neat impression. Good Content. Also your site is looking professional one.



mit wrote:
Like to have your views about the site Mahan SEO Services

thanks in advance.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nikshi wrote:
Hi,

Neat impression. Good Content. Also your site is looking professional one.



mit wrote:
Like to have your views about the site Mahan SEO Services

thanks in advance.


Thanks for your appreciation buddy!
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
First impression is good.


The shade on the following paragraph could be a little darker, my eyes really have to work to read it.
Quote:
Professional Search engine optimization services for TOP RANKINGS in major Search engines including Google, Yahoo Search, Ask, MSN Live Search and more.


Same with the menu items
Quote:
Keyword Analysis
Web Competitive Analysis
META Tag Optimization
Content Optimization
Directories Submissions
Link Popularity Development
Social Bookmarking


It would be nice if the "Free Quote" form elements cleared themselves when I focused them, rather than me having to select the text and delete it.


There's a handfull of <img> elements missing alt attributes.


Just have made some CSS changes...have a look. :mrgreen:
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 67
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing I said when it loaded, looking good. My only problem is the font colours. The navigation on the right has black text, while the form below has grey text. I think you should choose one.

The link colours are the default blue, but this line: 'If you are searching for an SEO services then, you are at the right place now.' has another blue. I think, use one blue.

Ohh, I'm viewing your site in Firefox. The 'Free Quote' is appears too close to the edge.

Cheers.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

theBruney wrote:
First thing I said when it loaded, looking good. My only problem is the font colours. The navigation on the right has black text, while the form below has grey text. I think you should choose one.

The link colours are the default blue, but this line: 'If you are searching for an SEO services then, you are at the right place now.' has another blue. I think, use one blue.

Ohh, I'm viewing your site in Firefox. The 'Free Quote' is appears too close to the edge.

Cheers.


Thanks for your points Bruney...will try to solve it soon... :)
  • bozboz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bozboz
  • Posts: 31
  • Loc: Brighton

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say work on the font colours they dont fit with the soft blues of the template to well, definately change the links from default blue as well

Generally very good though and well written keyword dense text
  • jorgenvig
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool design.

My impression after a while is that you want people to ask for a free quote as the primary thing to do - as this option stands out with different colour. But you might change its placement from the bottom so the user don't have to scroll all the way down to have this option to stand out.

Alternative you can make this option even more visible in the top menu.
  • advanceflash
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • advanceflash
  • Posts: 47

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it alot, very business like and professional. My only comment would be to work on the "free quote" button. The colour and type don't quite work.

Jay
Mac OSX Screensavers
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs
  • Posts: 31

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found your site hard to read because the grammar is not very good. I like that you put a definition of SEO on your site because a lot of people don't know what it is. Nice layout, just get someone who speaks better English to fix your grammar. I'm surprised more people don't comment about this. I guess it's one of my pet peeves. Sorry, if I am so critical but I think if you want people to take your business seriously you must fix the grammar. Good luck.

Rick
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

have made some more changes at Header and bottom. I hope you all like the recent changes.

Like to have your comments.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone
  • Posts: 23

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice looking site, but im surpised you chose to do a new site in tables rather than css, that just my opinion, id have a go at css'ing the site personally, but i guess i may be a big css freak !!
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 310
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just have added more pages in the site. Please try to check, they are really useful to all SEOs and webmasters.
  • SirTalksalot
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • SirTalksalot
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd get a more subtle colour for the fonts. Black font on white backgrounds are never easy on the eye. Maybe increase the margin between the main body of text and the menu too. There's almost too much text on your index, all scrabbling for attention.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 161
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mit,

Very neat, good styling, very professional and I really missed some of the above cooments on errors like with your logo, I think it is excellent and well placed. The comment about the Apple logo may be true so be careful and at least ask companies if it is ok, often they simply want a link back like with Apple, I am not sure.

The content writing is solid which adds to the power of marketing your SEO services.

Looks like an expert did it to me!

cgfX

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.