SITE REVIEW: Make Money Online 101

• chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I would appreciate some feedback on my blog Make Money Online 101 - http://www.makemoneyonline101.org

Thankyou in advance. :D

Chris
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It uses wordpress default theme. Do you have any plan to use at least the most simple wordpress theme other than that default?
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thankc you Silveraden for the feedback. I actually plan on changing the theme to something else. I realize that using the Wordpress default theme doesn't make it the most original blog in the world. Thanks again.
  • Silmarillion
  • Silmarillion

Post 3+ Months Ago

so far you have only one post. how often do you plan to update your blog?
  • delstu
  • delstu
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Difficult to review when you have only 1 post.

What is the purpose of your site. What is your USP? Your theme appears to be "make money online" - very competitive. You will have to work very hard and be very good to make a dent in this market.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blogs are effective and helpful when it maintain/updated timely, you need to add more post in it for making it more valuable.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, well it looks like every other blog at first, but the photo you have posted helps. The statistics related to this site are poor, which tells me you lack traffic. Since you are a blog, I would submit relative comments to other blogs that are statistically ranked better than your site. After that try adding links at link building sites such as directories, search engine submissions, forums, etc.

:) Nice blog, with some effort you will succeed.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you so much everyone for your feedback on my humble blog. I really appreciate it. The biggest theme that I got from your responses is that I need to have A LOT more content on my blog. I certainly will be doing this. You know what they say about good intentions, but I do plan on writing in my blog several times a week. Thanks again. Chris :D
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, thanks again for your feedback. Just to let you know that I have a new url for my blog. The new url is http://www.tryingtomakemoneyonline.com. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
  • danielcoleman
  • danielcoleman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good topics, I picked up a couple of tips reviewing your site. I spotted a few grammatically awkward areas. I would recommend having someone edit the posts for grammar, unless the laid back presentation is what you are going for. For example, using words like aint and learnt. Just my opinion as a reader.

Best of luck!

Daniel
Moderator Remark: removed manual sig
  • mekingo
  • Born
  • Born
  • mekingo

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that you should do is when posting to forums or submitting articles or whatever is to ALWAYS use your keywords as your anchor text whether it be in resource boxes (when they have them) or your signature (like you have here). It's late now and I'm not writing well but for instance in your signature for this forum you would want the code to read
"[url ="http://www.tryingtomakemoneyonline.com]Make Money Online[/url]". without the quotes.
That way what shows up in your signature is "Make Money Online" which is your keyword that google will rank you for (SEO 101). Looks like your on the right track though.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Daniel for your feedback and suggestions. I took your advice Mike regarding my signature. Thanks for the SEO tip. Daniel, that is a good suggestion to get someone to edit my posts for grammar. I am going to try and do that. Have a great day everyone! :D
  • myspot
  • Born
  • Born
  • myspot

Post 3+ Months Ago

ei... I visited your site and I liked the posts, I like to start something like that too.

Anyways, I got an error 404 on your new address but I got through to the old one.

1. you gotta spice up your site, its kinda bland.
2. Burn your feeds using feedburner and put a subscription form on the sidebar, that way readers can subscribe to your feeds and you get to capture email addresses.
3. Put in some free resources like free marketing ebooks and the likes so you can entice people to constantly visit your blog.
4. For SEO, you might want to research on popular keywords on your niche and make sure that all your posts contain at least 4% of them or more if possible.
5. Put some ads : )
  • anidiot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn’t get a real purpose of your site other than ranking high in search engines and make some money from advertising. You should work more with affiliate programs, suggest some product and put your affiliate links…

Also, you don’t have any links to your website. Since you like blogging, I would like to suggest a way to make some links. Enter in Google “make money online”. There are many bloggers in the first 100 results. Simply ask them to exchange posts. I was making some exchanges with them in the past and I know that they are willing to do that. You will get backlinks and some of their traffic.

But first, work a little on your design… :-)
  • GoWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

First quite good layout, but...

but... to simple. I understand that WEB2.0 mean simple, but not that simple.

You could add some colors.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone so much for taking the time to give me feedback and suggestions for my blog. I've added a graphic header, some images, and links to my blog to try to spice it up.

Chris H.
  • russianzio
  • Born
  • Born
  • russianzio

Post 3+ Months Ago

chrisinbc wrote:
Hello,

I would appreciate some feedback on my blog Make Money Online 101 - http://www.makemoneyonline101.org

Thankyou in advance. :D

Chris

I've seen this type of sites many times, not that i chose to see them :) Anyways It will be quite hard to SEO it as the topic is disliked by SEs these days.. I guess your target keywords are "Make Money Online" :roll:
  • paul8368
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paul8368
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I like the banner you have on your new site not so keen on a couple of your psots though although I did find them interesting. For example you are recommending a web host which actually took your sites off line. Why on earth would you recommend them after that experience?

Paul
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks so much Paul for taking the time to review my blog. I really appreciate it. As for your last question, up until reading your reply followed by quick research on the Internet I wasn't aware that FreeYellow and Hypermart are in fact the same webhost. If I had known that Hypermart was the same company that took my website offline I would not use them, let alone recommend this web host. I really do have egg on my face now.

Chris H.
  • ubispot
  • ubispot

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the articles are all written by you. its awesome!
  • domenigo74
  • Born
  • Born
  • domenigo74

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site,need some change on the layout ,but in general it's good
  • singleparent001
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • singleparent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

the page is too long