SITE REVIEW: PC-MAN Consulting

• pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a computer consultant. I've been in business since the first Gulf War. I just gave my old site a real once over and everything is brand new.

My site is http://www.pc-man.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• •platinum
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the template. It suits your website. Good Job,

The logo, plain and Simple also it stands out in your template... Very good.

Personally. I don’t really think there is much to criticise your site on. I find it quite good.

Good job!
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

There must be something. I spent a lot of time tuning this site for SEO and spent a lot of time just putting together content. Not all pages have content yet.

The content was written for the search engines. I did my best to make the content useful and applicable to a potential customer. Did you find the home page to be too long?

I've had that logo since 1991. I liked the Blue in this website template but thought the colors just didn't match the logo.

If you were going to change the logo - what colors would you suggest?
  • justbane
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justbane
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, good site, clean well laid out and organized.... but the logo at top is killing me... Please do something more with that... its the top of the site and it is screaming to look better. Just having the white text on there though it is functional , makes it look really templated.
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

justbane wrote:
ok, good site, clean well laid out and organized.... but the logo at top is killing me... Please do something more with that... its the top of the site and it is screaming to look better. Just having the white text on there though it is functional , makes it look really templated.

Can you be more specific? The PC-MAN logo or the laptop logo on the left? I used a template program on 1and1.com - where it is hosted. Until I'm happy with the pages and the page layout I'm stuck with what the webdesigner that's web based on 1and1.

When I'm ready to caste the structure in stone - I'll clean it up with Frontpage.

What do you suggest?
  • justbane
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justbane
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh now I understand, you are on a site builder... I was hoping to see a little more from the plain white text with the name in it. something a little more graphical.

the guy holding the computer would be nice in the upper left but you probably can't do that in a site builder.

I don't recommend using site builders but what do you expect from a web designer. A site builder neve really lets you get a unique look to your venture. sorry wish i could recommend more but I would probably get booted for spamming.
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

justbane wrote:
ahh now I understand, you are on a site builder... I was hoping to see a little more from the plain white text with the name in it. something a little more graphical.

the guy holding the computer would be nice in the upper left but you probably can't do that in a site builder.

I don't recommend using site builders but what do you expect from a web designer. A site builder neve really lets you get a unique look to your venture. sorry wish i could recommend more but I would probably get booted for spamming.

Spam away. I want criticism - good and bad.

You're right about the site builder but it is a good start and that template was the best of them all. Blue says to Men - Buy - it grabs the attention and appeals to men. That's why I chose it - let's face facts, IT is still a man's world.

I wanted to put my logo in the upper left moving the text up, but I can't do that with the sitebuilder. When I have the site the way I want it I can then make changes to it with FrontPage as it won't go back to the sitebuilder.

Did you think the colors of my logo clashed with the blue?
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does look very templated. Your logo with the red and yellow colours definitely clash with the blue layout, and should be incorporated into the main template. The Site fills the whole screen, but is static. It would be simple enough to make this site fluid so it shrinks with smaller windows. I think loose the link to the site on the logo, unless it is built into the actual layout. It feels like it links to something different when you look at the mouse over URL on the status bar (i hope you underdstand what im saying) The navbar mouse over is fast (i always think its pointless unless its fast)
Continuing from above the logo i think should be where you have the picture of the laptop. If you don't want to do this then don't have the logo in the centre taking up so much space on EVERY page.

apart from above the site is simple and clean, but just does not grab your attention. With the rate at which people flick through websites im sure you understand how important this is. keep up the good work.
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, i dont like the design. it dont look greate for me anyway.
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

ace5p1d0r wrote:
It does look very templated. Your logo with the red and yellow colours definitely clash with the blue layout, and should be incorporated into the main template. The Site fills the whole screen, but is static. It would be simple enough to make this site fluid so it shrinks with smaller windows. I think loose the link to the site on the logo, unless it is built into the actual layout. It feels like it links to something different when you look at the mouse over URL on the status bar (i hope you underdstand what im saying) The navbar mouse over is fast (i always think its pointless unless its fast)
Continuing from above the logo i think should be where you have the picture of the laptop. If you don't want to do this then don't have the logo in the centre taking up so much space on EVERY page.

apart from above the site is simple and clean, but just does not grab your attention. With the rate at which people flick through websites im sure you understand how important this is. keep up the good work.

I just changed the front page a bit. I got rid of the laptop icon and put my logo there instead. I also got rid of the lines between the bullet points.

Question: I had the thought of transitioning from the dark blue to my logo with a lighter blue.

Or, I leave it alone as the white space around it draws you to the text to the right.

Anyone care to comment? Changed Pagehttp://www.pc-man.com

Old Page http://www.pc-man.com/computer-repair-Aldan-Pennsylvania-19018.html
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I change all the pages. I moved the logo to the left. What colors would you change the logo to match with the template?
  • PremTech
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PremTech
  • Loc: Toowoomba Queensland Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tend to like this....one thing that struck me though was the menu looks chopped in half.....where your logo is....

I would add a top and bottom to the blue bar above and below the logo on the left.....just to make it flow a bit better...apart from that I don't mind it at all.....

cheers
Warren
  • pistonpilot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pistonpilot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just changed the colors of my logo putting a blue backround around the whole thing so it blends.

I'm not a graphic artist so it takes me longer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers