SITE REVIEW: Manlyshop.ch

• Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty
  • Loc: Switzerland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there,

I designed a website (my 2nd one) using flash 7, php 4, xml, xhtml for a client (my 1st one :D). I also tried to design a 3d skatebaord in 3dsmax to use as renders in the website.

Useful info. : the logo was already given and the client wanted few colours other than grey.

Well tell me what you think about it and don't hesitate to criticize. :)

The link : http://www.manlyshop.ch
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's with the title? "Manly skateboards"? Wouldn't bettys( female skaters) be upset? :P

Nice site! Don't really have any comments for improvement except that your navbar is in English but the content is in Français. Choisi un ou crée ton site dans les deux langues.

Apart de ça superbe ton site!
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

LoL ! Well I didn't choose the name of the shop. Sorry if you're a betty, I'll advise my client to create a 2nd shop called Bettyshop (really few chances he'll do so). :D

An english person said the same thing about the language, so here's the explanation about it : as you know maybe, Switzerland is a little country in which 4 different languages are spoken (french, german, italian, romanche). In that case, the shop is located in the french part of the Switzerland, hence the content is in french.
What the hell is with english here ? Well, in the swiss skateboard community/environnement, English words are widely used. The client wanted it to be like that...

Merci pour tes commentaires, chère canadienne. :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Je savais déjà combien de langues vous utiliser la bas. J'ai deux potes suisses ;)

Pour le truc avec les langues, est ce que vous voulez que le site soisvu par tout le monde ou juste pour les suisses? Je te demande ça parce que franchement avec les menus en anglais et le contenu en français , au reste du monde franco ça à l'air pas très prof c'est tout. Juste un tit commentaire.

Bon courage avec le site il est très très beau! 8)
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is close to perfect! Nothing to nag about :-(
Congratulations...
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah >> tu as raison, j'en parlerai au client. Mais justement c'est ciblé pour les suisses car ce n'est pas un shop international...Anyway merci. :)

Indulge >> LoL @ ":(" Well, next time I'll do an awful website so that you'll be able to criticize it. :D
Thank you very much.

+
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keine Ursache :-)
  • gaparker
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the skateboard, i havent seen any sites yet using flash, or any 3d affects. well done.
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Indulge >> danke vielmal. :)

gaparker >> really ? Well, mine is far away from the best flash websites you can see but thank you anyway. ^^
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only suggestion would be an HTML version of the site for non-flash people.
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce >> non-flash people = people who don't like flash or people who don't have flash player installed ?

Anyway, if I'd say "My only suggestion to html sites would be to provide a flash version for non-html people.", it wouldn't make sense aswell.
Ok for the sake of accessibility every site should be designed in xhtml (not in html !) but it's a bit boring, Flash is a more user-friendly way to display information. I hope one day it'll become a standard (replacing SMIL for example), provided Macromedia would make Flash free for all. That's my 2 cents.

I take what you said in consideration but the client won't be allright with me in case I ask him to pay more so that I can make an html version. :)
  • inferno_gogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Shoot,
You really got some skills. Wow. I suppose you get paid alot. The closest thing i have ever done with flash is this:
http://www.geocities.com/inferno_gogo/Flashs/FRIDAY13TH.swf
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Amazing. All I can suggest was already said. HTML website, cause personaly I don't like flash sites. And may be make it multilangual. And also I really dont like when u click on a link and open a new browser.
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

inferno_gogo >> thank you. :)

ilyawizard >> well I'd like to know why you don't like flash sites, personaly I don't understand people who don't like flash in the overall (except 56k users). :D
Yeah good idea for the multilingual site but the site is focused on the french part of Switzerland. At the moment there's no need for that.

Argh I don't like popups either ! I'm really sorry but the client wanted a popup "because he had seen some leet flash sites with that system". Well, the next website I'm currently developping will also be based on a popup entrance. Sorry in advance. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers