SITE REVIEW: Mapped Travel

• miktemac
  • Born
  • Born
  • miktemac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I would really appreciate some feedback on Mapped Travel -> http://www.mappedtravel.com

Cheers,
Mike
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are my thoughts:

1 - The template needs to be slick. At the moment, can you really say this will be a billion dollar website? Templates are cheap.

2 - There needs to be an opening "Why am I here" answer. Something like "Mapped Travel allows travellers to share and view great locations to visit. Got a great destination you would like others to know about? Looking for great places to see on your next vacation destination?"

Something like that.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first suggestion is to do some research on grid layout, it will help you improve the site layout immensely.

I agree with both points that camperj made.

An intro page that simply explains what your site is for is imperative. I should be able to go to your site and instantly know what it's for. This is currently not the case.

You use a random background image behind your main header that causes your title to be difficult to read with certain images.

When looking at a "Point of interest" page, there is a large amount of empty space next to the information given on higher resolution monitors.
  • per440
  • Born
  • Born
  • per440

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is ok, suggest to work on the homepage make it a bit more dynamic or you can also try some flash.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

you don't need flash for this site. It wouldn't fit. The homepage needs more of an introduction, but as for dynamic? What exactly do you mean by "dynamic"?
  • aryans77
  • aryans77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its good...But dont u need flash for this website
  • creative726
  • Born
  • Born
  • creative726

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site, but if continents and regions are separated by countries instead of cities that will look more nice.
  • peacock
  • peacock

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the maps in general.
I feel that the homepage lets you down though.

My first impression was that this is just a directory but of course there is a lot more on offer than that.
  • pmp6nl
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pmp6nl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the concept of the website, but it need some work in the visual area (and I know this is hard... well at least for me).

I personally like to have banner link back to main pages, but that is just my opinion.

I think on the city page it might be nice to link to a page about the city, for example the city's wikipedia page.
  • salwillders
  • salwillders

Post 3+ Months Ago

homepage could be a little better, good pages, good job overall, need more colors, that all
  • Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Hello

Mapped Travel- Nice name

I recently Work with Both Google and Bing Map API. So The use of Custom Information Window is Fanatic.

The things i notice is Menu bar. Try to make it same for all page. Means When i Traverse the pages with map , its hard for me to find the menu bar when i like to go back to Home page.

Make a back link on Site logo and main heading for Home page.

And Also 'Central' As Back link to home page is Difficult for worldwide users.

About Map: Again Congrats for Good Work. But u can Still Improve the map by Adding Custom Zoom In , Zoom Out, Zoom to Fit Buttons which suits your Site theme.
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello everyone!

mapped travel is an excellent website for many reasons. let me place a few before you..

firstly, the site uses google maps base to show neat and detailed satellite maps (apart from common maps) so the navigation system is smooth and fast. secondly, the site has a welcome screen list of cities that can be browsed. thirdly, the maps are interactive with small buttons for key sites in the city; when a button is hovered upon by mouse it instantly shows a beautiful picture of that place with a nice description and other useful data (i think for tourists..). fourthly, as if that were not all, users (registered) can also supply data and maps about a new city, which i think makes the site expandable!

good bye and thanks for reading!! :)
  • BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice map script once you click it. Overall I would update more on the overall main page. It had more fooled on what you offered.
  • arvan
  • arvan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot about the site immediately I left it. I assume would be good if you had something catching attention straight away.

On the one hand there is http://www.carsurvey.org/ "pure information" style on the other bells-and-whistles review sites.

Anyway, in this case amount of information is essential thus as long as you are able to secure regular updates you might survive.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 12 days ago

Hi! miktemac Just now I have visited your website it is really nice to see and all the basic things which are all needed to be present in the travel website are all present in the website without fail. So, that it gives us a complete visual to us.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers