SITE REVIEW: e-Marvels

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.nytrovil.com/main_2.gif

Okay, its not really a web page yet. All I have is the general layout and I want some feedback on what you guys thing of the design/colors/layout. Or if you think I should rearrange some things just say where you think they should go.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jellybabys
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

It looks nice and clean, but to be honest, its hard to get much feedback without being able to look around but as design goes its fine..
  • dannyff
  • dannyff

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it is nice, just keep working and convert it into xhtml/css :)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright thanks guys. It should be cut up and ready in a week or so. Be looking for some more feedback then :D

Okay a week was an exaderation :)

My domain currently is not directed to my host. So you can use the below URL

http://server1.unflux.net/~travislp/index2.html

Thats my first CSS webpage. So I probably made ALOT of errors in coding it. The only thing that I have found thats wrong is that the links dont have a hover in FireFox. Also it seems to take a while to load. Im using a 3x3 image for my background. Would make it a bigger one help?
  • zinruss
  • zinruss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clean design and nice color combination. Great work.

I have a suggestion. Why not use javascript and make the "Latest News" moveable? I mean the text will be moving from bottom to top.
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice! congrulations! but only you will change the latest news part! you will change its color! i think white isn't suitable for it!
  • enchantingempress
  • enchantingempress

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow... I love it, though isnt the blue to bright?
  • iceninja86
  • iceninja86

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design. I think you should expand the Latest News section down near to the bottom and leave just a little bit of room for the Our Network section.
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i liked it, nice work on the site however when looking around the site went a little funny when i opened page http://server1.unflux.net/~travislp/solutions.html when i was scrolling down the bottom part underneith 'solution' you should put a scroll button up/down so ppl know thay can scroll that section. if i didnt have a scroll ball on my mouse i wount of had known you had more info there.

the page also started going up/down wavelly (a little slow) not sure if it was my comp worked fine on every other page i was visiting.

but overall good work for the first time using css. mate u done heaps better than i did thats for sure :D

nice work

danny
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the comments guy. I really aprisheate it.

zinruss wrote:
I have a suggestion. Why not use javascript and make the "Latest News" moveable? I mean the text will be moving from bottom to top.

Well there wont be alot there. Its just going to be the latest thing we have.
CircleOfLinks wrote:
i liked it, nice work on the site however when looking around the site went a little funny when i opened page http://server1.unflux.net/~travislp/solutions.html when i was scrolling down the bottom part underneith 'solution' you should put a scroll button up/down so ppl know thay can scroll that section. if i didnt have a scroll ball on my mouse i wount of had known you had more info there.

the page also started going up/down wavelly (a little slow) not sure if it was my comp worked fine on every other page i was visiting.

Ya, I noticed that too in IE. Right now that background image is a 3x3 pixel image so I have a feeling that it has something to do with it.

Ill have to look into that javascript you mentioned. Sounds like something that would work well

Thanks again for all the info guys. :)
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout looks perfect. It looks really professional and futuristic.

Snoop1000

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers