• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Byrddog
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Byrddog
  • Loc: New Jersey, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow... I have to say the improvement between the current version of the site and your rebuild are massive, i don't have time right now to dig into your html, or nit pick right now, plus its probably best that i leave that to the experts like Ozzu's very own website reviewing pro, the beautiful 613Flavah. But from my quick once over i have to say i was very aestheticly pleasing. I loved the little flash embeded in the header, and the rest of the site cooked. I'd like to see how you plan on dividing the content in your main body, and i thinky ou might be able to increase the size of your navagation icons slightly becuase they are somewhat small and hard to notice at first. I loved the simple banner on the top of the page and i think it was very appropriate to the site.

Keep up the good work and if you make any updates post them for us to check out.
  • houndour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • houndour
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the old site, but the new one is a great improvement. I love your nav bar.

One small glitch maybe...in IE right at the bottom the black lines extend past the orange bar. In Firefox it doesn't.
  • massfrequency
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i just noticed that today.. any possible reasons?
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your redesign is way the heck better than the current school site. I like the more modernized graphics and the animation on the main page. Layout is good, but I noticed that little hangover of the black bars too. I do hope you'll keep the menus that the current site has going to each section of the site but I like that you avoided splitting the graphics into pieces. (Why did they do that anyway?)

Nice job.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you checked how jaws reads the page? Didn't see an accessability link, currently jaws doesn't report flash links, so navigating it would be impossible.
  • massfrequency
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah accesibility is something that im gonna have too work on ... this is simply a layout, not the final product
  • Elite Skills
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Elite Skills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Darken the rollover navigation buttons. Add a dark gray border to the white text of the site name. Make the transparent text in the right corner black instead of white. Add a shadow to left and right side of nav.
  • flashback10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flashback10

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! That's a great layout. It's a lot better than what is used to be. Like Elite Skills mentioned, I would darken the rollover buttons as well. They are a bit light. I love your video clip on the main page, but I would maybe add another picture clip or something. It tends to repeat a lot. For example you could have it the falcons logo, the swimming picture...then...back to the falcons logo, and another picture. This will give a bit more variety. You could create a picture about the schools honors and awards you have listed in the left.

Overall, it's a great change. Keep up the great work.

maria-
  • massfrequency
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah we plan to add more to the slideshow/video clip... this merely what i like to call a designer's sketch.. many of the photos for the website have yet too reach my desk, and the photo in the show was simply one i already had... the original plan was to include one for each winter sports team (as they have concluded as of a week ago)

i agree totally w/ darkening the nav bar...

usability-wise - is a javascript authentication good enough you think? and <no script> tags for non JS users?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers