SITE REVIEW: May you please review my site with a feedback

• almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

My web site URL is: http://www.biomedresearches.com/

a year ago i launched a medical specialized site which i had accredited from Hon code recently.

i feel very proud of it but still everytime i look at it i feel there is something missing, i really want to improve it to the way to be attractive to viewers.
i do ask you kindly to have a look at it and give me your sincere and constructive opinions
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, thW3C Validator found 49 errors in your coding ... You can click here to see them now ...

I think you should disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "home" page, disable the "home" link, and make it another colour (or rollover state) ... So that a user doesn't redirect to the page that he/she is on and knows where he/she is ...

The images you used in your main image up top look real pixelated, I think it'd be better if you finf proper stock images and use them ...

Also your website looks half-empty, half-crowded, because the spacing is just not right, you've got these huge spaces between things, and where the contents is, it all seems crowded ... I think you should work on that a little ...

Then why is your actual logo there where it is now ... ? That makes no sense to me ... It should be the center of attention ... it should be the first thing a user sees ... and it shouldn't be pixelated ... and maybe that "animation" is a bit overdone ... It feels like there is too much stuff on your site that moves ...

To mee it also feels like there are too many different colours on your site, like the logo is pink green and blue, then you've got blue red and black each time for the company name, then the background is white and cream with blue scrolling text at the top ...

You can also change the "main-nav's" links to text links instead of images for improved SEO ...

You can't have a "Valid XHTML" badge if the site isn't Valid ... that's a lie ... I think you should sort out those errors first before you post something like that ...

It seems like you're lacking consistency throughout the page, you've got text-links up top, then you've got "button-links" in the left hand side menu, and ten also on the left hand side you have those links that are underlined ...
  • vt220
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

None of your links work in FireFox... This is because the url's contain spaces, and while Internet Explorer can read the links, most other browsers will not be able to. Replace all your spaces with "%20" to correct this.

I would also narrow the gap between the buttons and the text, then maybe make the text field wider to fill out your page a bit.

Also, you should look into using CSS instead of tables, here's a good starting point: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp

vt
  • sv2
  • sv2
  • Loc: Russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
Except problems with spaces in URLs (which really serious problem) - website design looks to be pretty accurate.
Good think - you're using human-readable URLs (and thus your website will be be rated better by SE), but you've missed DESCRIPTIONs and KEYWORDs meta in header. Also, title "INDEX" isn't too informative, I think :)
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi righteous, vt220, sv2

i really do appreciate your kind constructive opinions, i do belive that you have been so sincere to me that you have shown me a paved way to improve my site to look more proffesional than personal.
i will work in all the suggestions to the best of me and hopefully i will improve the appearance of the site.

again thanks alot

God bless you
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Again hi all,

Your helpful advices made me review my site where i discovered other errors rather than the ones you mentioned, i found that my title and meta tags are not descriptive and not helpfull at all.
i chanfged them now.
would you please review it and tell me if it is correct or not.

almajdal
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing I would change (other than fixing links and validation errors) would be to remake the logo and the marquee. Maybe having that entire top section of the site be a flash animation would look pretty good. I just think this because flash is much more flexible and is more modern technology, so you would be at the head of the line as far as the hi-tech aspect goes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers