SITE REVIEW: Mean Meals

• desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, please review the Mean Meals site at http://www.meanmeals.com

I'm not going to tell you anything about it - hopefully the site itself will convey that information. (If it does not, please reply here and I will adjust).
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think with a little space in middle of titles and texts with the green linem looks better, and your liniks in bold format to be more visibles...
  • webdesignpro
  • webdesignpro

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think your website can look much better if you make some changes to the fonts(use arial instead of times new roman) and change also the color of text links from header to white or black.
  • on9now
  • on9now

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree, your font HAS to change, use another font and make it smaller.
Try to work on the colors too.
  • partofmeLP77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • partofmeLP77

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that your font is boring like others have said. i also don't like the main title design, it looks kind of cheap. i also don't like how everything is on 1 page, use links or something to split other stuff up. It is a start though.
  • kofoid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kofoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually think it's good! I even bookmarked it. The only CC I will give is that the green is a little too loud. The font is a bit big - I am looking at it on my laptop and it's a bit too much. You may want to develop in a smaller resolution to accomodate people who do not have large monitors or good resolution.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Partofme - could I get some clarification about "everything being on one page"? Are you referring to the main page, or the "recipe" page (that shows the contents of recipes?)

Thanks everyone - I will see what I can do about changing the font :)
  • partofmeLP77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • partofmeLP77

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm very sorry for posting that, after looking again i see that not everything is on the first page. sorry, lol i feel like an idiot.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

desertland, it's a good start. In the age of social software, your idea is a great one. However, in the age of web 2.0 madness and the typical, bubbly, AJAX web application "look," you could do with a more dynamic design. Not that you should simply follow the herd, of course, but I would suggest an approach that's a little more aesthetically compelling. (Granted, del.icio.us works fine putting function before form, but not all sites are fortunate enough to enjoy the popularity they have in spite of it.) Extratasty is a good example of something that's in the food/drink realm and provides a pretty compelling experience.

Best of luck with your site!

- Gita
  • Katmandu
  • Student
  • Student
  • Katmandu
  • Loc: Spain, Mallorca

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page generally is fine although you have to change the font. Those serif fonts like times new roman just don't work on web pages. Except maybe for some headers and stuff. Use verdana instead.

Also when the Banana Strawberry Smoothie displays in the main page the text underneath gets hidden below the box.

I like the Random Recipe function although it does not seem to work much. Most of the time I get the Banana Strawberry Smoothie recipe. Also you need to ad more content. That is to say more recipes.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for your great comments.

The font has been changed :-) I used Verdana, as Katmandu suggested.

Katmandu - I know random recipe doesn't have that big of a variety - there are only a couple recipes in the system at the moment. I'm working on adding more :-) I take pictures of what I make every night so I can add them to the system. ...that way I'll remember what I can make future days.

As far as more dramatic changes go, I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thanks for the site recommendation justG.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers