SITE REVIEW: Media-Architects.com

• manuel2283
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • manuel2283

Post 3+ Months Ago

I developed this site for Media-Architects an Ad Agency Based out Phoenix Arizona,
We developed an entire graphics package before we went into production as well as a robust system using xml to deliver all the videos they had archived.

NOTE: This site is Broadband Users only due to the high amount of video content on the used website.

Tools Used:

Photoshop -
Fireworks -
MYSQL-
Flash MX -
XML -
Javascript -
PHP -

Please note if anyone is having is having technical issues viewing the site please post back, we are always looking to better server our visitors and looking for small bugs.

http://www.media-architects.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. Like the preloader. Like the splash screen. Page load was fast. My first surprise was the audio wasn't playing when the page loaded. I expected it to be especially after seeing the audio controls. So I hit play and realized why you left it to user choice. That sound loop has got to go. Too short of a loop and sounds like a free midi file. I'd suggest finding a higher quality sound loop (and quite a bit longer). I'm guessing the price of development wasn't necessarily cheap, so the cost of adding a quality audio stream shouldn't be an issue as it could enhance the site. Then stream it from the getgo. Broadband users accustomed to accessing better quality flash sites are most likely conditioned to know that if they see audio controls they can shut it off. In some cases they do, and in some cases they don't.

Biggest concern that needs immediate attention. Number one I see the login, but how do I register? Couldn't find a link. Or is that an internal thing and not available to the public? What's really messed up though, is when I click the Forgot Login? link. That page is totally messed up.

I didn't look at everything, but those were my initial spots. Overall, I think the design is attractive and easy to navigate. I also liked the Nav menu slide and blur effect on mouseover.
  • xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, thats a nice site. Couple of problems I see are One: Is it an all Flash site? Is it html or a hybrid. I hit some links and it takes me to a new page with a new url in the address bar. This is an odd way of doing things. It probably saves some download time, but wouldn't it be better to simply loadMovie than to open a new page every time. If it was all html it would at least cache the template. But on the page for case studies, it loads the links in the movie, which is what Flash is good for. I think its an interesting idea from an SEO point of view, and I would like to know where it goes with Google, but I am not sure that the end user will appreciate these inconsistencies.
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing I see as a problem is that the layout being too busy -- A lot of things moving at once, and the text is so bold. Definetly attention-grabbing though.
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

manuel2283 wrote:
NOTE: This site is Broadband Users only due to the high amount of video content on the used website.

Terrible, loading size more than 2,2MB!

Ok, is a site for Broadband Users only, but read the WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 7.1:
"Until user agents allow users to control flickering, avoid causing the screen to flicker."

manuel2283 wrote:
Please note if anyone is having is having technical issues viewing the site please post back, we are always looking to better server our visitors and looking for small bugs.

Please read the WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 1.1:

"Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element (e.g., via "alt", "longdesc", or in element content). This includes: images, graphical representations of text (including symbols), image map regions, animations (e.g., animated GIFs), applets and programmatic objects, ascii art, frames, scripts, images used as list bullets, spacers, graphical buttons, sounds (played with or without user interaction), stand-alone audio files, audio tracks of video, and video."

Both checkpoints are Priority 1, which means WAI Level A. Nothing is there, a typical site with many colors, flash and animations like the advertising in the TV.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm ...
I now I have seen that preloader on another website, don`t know where exactly.Could have been on Macromedia`s website before they were bought by adobe, or some template monster website.

ANyhow, I like the nice simple intro. It looks very professional as it should be.

I really think that you should make that menu effect faster. it takes just too long. Faster is better, especially if you make some ease effect for starting and ending frames.

Most websites I have been too, when I click the login link with no username/password I am redirected to a forgot password page, that usually has register link or form. Yours doesn`t.

you should also get rid of the intro/preloader. I do not think that visitors that are not for the first time there would want to see that intro again. Or perhaps place at least one skip intro button.

I do not know why, but I think your website uses a lot of resources as my firefox works like my CPU is like 100 Mhz when I try to change between tabs. This doesn`t happen if your website`s tab is not open.

Also, why on earth do you have multiple pages if you have a full flash site. Why flash if you didn`t make the navigation to run smoothly and continuously.
  • Morderon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Morderon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your website looks very promising!

The loading time wasn't bad at all and the flah you are using makes the interface much easier to navigate through then what it would be without that flash. But as I always have thought: Sound on websites doesn't click. Because it makes it annoying to surf longer times on the website when some particullar sounds is repeating alot of times.

And instead of giving the site title "main" try to use your own website name for better search engine ranking.
  • neuro productions
  • neuro productions

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice, but a little bit "to advanced" to me :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers