SITE REVIEW: Member Profile

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one here is my individual creatitvity for DepthVision. what do you think? Member Profile
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

- From the look of your splash page you design electrical components for car manufacturers such as Mitsubishi but I cant click the splash page even though the mouse pointer suggests I can?

- Are the 4 footer site links your own work? even the template like graphics used for them?

Anyhow you do have a good eye for what looks good but I feel you lack experience and direction so give us a little more information so we can help you.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johann the splash image has some "mystery meat" image map thing going on - try hovering on the back wheel and rear light.

soulseeker, check out this page on that kind of linking.
http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mystery ... ation.html

Johan has just seen first hand how confusing it can be!

At the very least you should be only having the hand visible on the actual links, but making things clearer really would help.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm yeah not very intuitive is it? Our bosses once decided that the design team was crap and got an outsourcing company to come up with a concept similar to that one… it got thrown away :) Oh mann that Mystery Meat Navigation page could have really help me back then proving my point.

The site needs visual focus by selecting more suitable images.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, its been a while since Ive done some reviews, and to be honest this isnt a good one to come back to.

The image looks good, I like it, but really that navigation is not at all user friendly. I did not have a clue why i couldnt go anywhere until I came back here and saw rtm's review. Also the text colors dont really seem to fit with the color of the site. And the affiliate linksb (at least thats what I assume they are) are far too big and prominent. for someone who hasnt gotten the navigation, and they click on those links, you have now lost customers cause they dont know where they are. I suggest cleaning up your navigation, changing your text, and place the afiliate links elswhere.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks alot for the comment guys especially for giveing me that link to mystery meat navigation...lol.. i feel bad. anyways u right about one thing i'm not that experienced but the site is not exactly for customers or so it's just my profile for my site but thanks a bunch for the tips. i'll definitley work on them when i have the time.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't feel bad about it, there are quite a few "professional" web designers who would go down such a road - I've seen one such site on a "best flash sites in the world" kinda site, so it's not just you :D

Rmember that the user needs to know the following as soon as they arrive at the site:

what the site is about - nice clear header to indicate
whether you are selling or just information
how to get around the site.

This ill make them feel wecomed, which is important because each new site you go to is slightly different, and slightly new so it's very easy to push people away from you.

Obviously there is making stuff look good, but I don't see you having too many problems there. Once you have a direction then work at making the site instantly understandable to someone who has never been there - even to people who aren't to keen on computers and the internet.

find a non web-savvy friend, your mum, or whatever - put them on the site with no indication of the purpose of the site and see if they can work out what it is about straight away.

And of course keep posting back here :wink:
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

the text is hard to read in the lil frame thing. give it a solid background or fade the background there.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the text towards the bottom of the page that reads "Copyright 2004 © DepthVision.com" should be a link, well, atleast the "DepthVision.com" .
  • mathphys.com
  • mathphys.com
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I would love to give you a thorough review of your site, but here at my work, we don't have flash installed. You should consider the fact that users without flash can't even use your sight.

Regards,

Mike
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

well instead u can check my depthvision layout.
look for the thread, site review: depthvision.
  • Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, cept for the fact i didnt know what i was clicking till i magically dragged my mouse over one of the star thingos and it popped up. :P

scared the hell out of me heh
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found it a *bit* hard to browse your site because the links are somehow hiding on the picture, and some people might not be able to find those right away, it wouldnt be hard for someone who's not familiarized with these kinda sites, to believe that everything you've got on your site is just a picture of a car and some sharp effects, and thus, leave without browsing at all.

Just my 2-cents, ^^ overall i love the layout.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i know. i'm goin to change the browsing later on.
  • jonnino2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonnino2004
  • Loc: italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it off-line now?

I can't see it
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This topic is 4 years old.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not Found

The requested URL /member was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 Server at http://www.d2networx.com Port 80
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
This topic is 4 years old.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers