SITE REVIEW: Member Site

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well this is a site i did for a member in my forum over at DepthVision.
http://ash.d2networx.com/

It's not bad in my opinion but i'm having some problems with it. Any problems you guys notice please suggest a solution. I hate internet explorer btw. Just had to put that in.[/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Market Stir
  • Market Stir

Post 3+ Months Ago

minor details: The text box should be made so that i dont have to scroll left and right.

Lot of graphics going on. So takes a while to load would take almost 26 secs on a 56k but that maybe not a problem and u might like graphics a lot. Just pointing it out.

Shoutouts link doesnt work

I would say to kill the space at the top somehow. Why have such a huge space that doesnt have any particular function. Just makes me have to scroll down everytime to read the page
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the suggestions dude. I fixed the scolling so there's no horizontal scroll.
I'm working on the shoutouts page. Not yet installed.

Quote:
I would say to kill the space at the top somehow. Why have such a huge space that doesnt have any particular function. Just makes me have to scroll down everytime to read the page

what page is this? Which space?
  • tshephard
  • tshephard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suggested Rating Criteria:
Appearance
Colors, - hard to read text. Nice use of blue. B+
Fonts - very hard to read. Bad bad bad. C- Ashewa's People? Really had to squint.

Graphics, Niiice. A- (cause of the hard to read stuff)
Logos - Nice. A
Layout, Nice layout, but the center box needs to flow better and look less like an iframe (especially cause I don't think it is!) B+
Backgrounds Nice. Change in flow to the center box kinda screws it up though. Like the subtle hint of the person. Too bad there name wasn't more clear. A-

Functionality
Navigation Very good. A
Links, http://ash.d2networx.com/shoutouts.html didn't work. Very very bad. F
Load Time Very good. A
Bugs http://ash.d2networx.com/shoutouts.html broken link. Bad bad.

Overall & Content Purpose of site, and Does appearance and purpose of site match
What is the point of this website? Even a stranger to the site should know. I don't know why I am here. Not so good. Am I hiring this person? What's up?
B-

Technical Typos, Wording, Grammar
Very poor grammar. Hopefully not looking for a job. F
  • oasis30
  • oasis30
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the color scheme...it is a cool and easy blue...but the text doesn't stand out well, it is very hard to read.

For the advertisement, you may wish to include a website or other means of communicating how to get in touch with that store. If someone is interested how do they contact your parents?
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

"tshephard" now that's what i call a review. A+ for that. and thanks alot. I'm going to work on the font. Really glad you guys told me about that.

The purpose of the site.?? I'm still trying to figure that out but i'm hoping i didn't waste my artisitic skill on this. She said she would put up some programmin tuts or something like that. whatever, she likes it, i got paid...well not yet but soon, and she's happy. The grammer is all her, i simply copy and pasted.
Shout BOx goin up soon.
I would really be glad for some comments like this on "my school site" thread. That's more useful and has a purpose.
Thanks Guys
  • ronburk

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no DOCTYPE declaration, which makes it difficult to use free tools to check the HTML for errors. Inability to use automated error-checking tools often means there are gross HTML coding errors, and that is certainly true here.

The img tag on line 71 is missing a close angle bracket. There are other such errors. It's hard to guess how many browsers this will screw up, and even harder to guess whether it will prevent search engine robots from extracting your text correctly.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for that tip.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. It's nice and clean. Not much too it though-will it have more content eventually?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just dont like yr site. prolly coz that color is overused in other sites.
  • precharge
  • precharge
  • Loc: New York, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site.

First off, I would fix the meta tags. You have no description or keywords.

Secondly, I would have an option to add links in your resource section or at least a trade links option.

Finally, considering that this is a site about you, I would include some pictures of you.

My two cents :)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks. I'll see to it that the owner get those comments
  • lomo
  • lomo
  • Loc: brighton, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is someing wrong with the text in the Description section. the text touching the edge of the table but the first line is not

i am on the mac
its the same in IE and safari

but apart form that little techy problem its nice
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

great colour scheme. every colour complements eachother.

for some odd reason if i were the designer i would have the urge to put a 3-5px faint blue sharp shaddow with light coming from the top left around the 'big box'.
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i could have sworn that i read somewhere that you can open links from your page in an i frame that is located on the site... that is my suggestion to you just so that the page doesnt need to reload completely every time. over all i liked the site
  • Flaky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your layout is good. The colors are good too! Good job.

But the buttons on the left side are a litle wierd. Make them go with the layout.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers