SITE REVIEW: Mind-Side

• Mr. Wiggles
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Loc: Brizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the preliminary stage of my new web design and hosting site.
How do you like it? It took about 2 hours to design from scratch and is quite basic so it's easy to load and can be accessed by all browsers.

http://mind-side.tk

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.
Please make the color cool down a bit i mean choose a cool color and when you look at the layout first. you get a bit disturbed. My home page is http://www.souldesigns.net
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is a lots of red maybe add some more other colors or graphics, maybe add a logo at the top of some sort, good start.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i kind off agree about the color, it is a bit of a head ache looking at all that red.

When i got to the splash page i thought it was nice looking, then as you enter your site and look around the other pages. All it is is text and very bland. Where are the graphics that your site really needs?

You should take a look at http://www.sxc.hu and http://www.istockphoto.com, there you will find lots of photographs that you can manipulate to fit in with your site, Visit the digital art forum for tips and tutorials on customizing images with filters etc.

Has your site got a logo? If so why not make one. That could then be used throughout your site and would help provide viewers with more eye candy.

One last thing is that i think you could use graphics for the buttons. It would make it look better.

I dont know if you are planning on investing in proper hosting and a domain name. But i think it is something that you should consider if you want your site to be taken seriously.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

SoulDesigns wrote:
Hi.
Please make the color cool down a bit i mean choose a cool color and when you look at the layout first. you get a bit disturbed. My home page is http://www.souldesigns.net

quit offering your services in every post.

this is a webmaster forum, with many able webmasters, but as of now this is a website review catagory and people only want advice.

not spam

===

review, i think the site has far too much red, and splash page is not needed.

you have a webhosting service and you are using a .tk domain, that wont work at all.

remove the line through the links on the roll over, may just be me being a little picky, but i dont like.

keep it up ;)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

AHHHHH! Please kill the redness! I would remove the background image and throw in a plain BGCOLOR of some shade of grey. Also, I don't think the yellow links go, and you shouldn't have them strikethrough on rollover. I would change the look of your packages from all of the text to small graphics that link to the details, people are used to that. Also, if you plan on doing hosting, tell them a little about the server, IE: Linux/Unix or Windows? Also, you don't offer tech support, or US Dollar amounts on any of these, which doesn't look good. (americans won't pay for overseas hosting)

As far as the layout goes, I would center the links at the top and get rid of the iframe. You have no need for an iframe at all!

One more quick thing, try using pictures in your graphics, as opposed to just text.

LOL: One more thing, don't put up a blank portfolio, if you don't have one, don't offer one. It is that simple.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I highly suggest you go along with the other opinions. I think you should remove the background image and replace it with a dark red (#330000, or perhaps #660000) instead. Or, if you don't want to remove the background image; make it all text rather than just text in the corner and then all red (but still darken the red). That may work.

I'd suggest creating image links rather than just plain old links (since you have so few). Create a banner, and perhaps give the tables a bit more defined border and make the table background color a darker color than the background (or lighter, but I'd suggest a dark black or grey, from #000000 to #252525). I'd also align that copyright to the bottom of the page.

One last thing; remove the line through hovered links, it looks strange.

That's all for now. At least that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Loc: Brizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the reviews. This is just a very basic site so I can at least get something online. I will be redesigning to site very soon, probably a few times actually. I was also planning on having selectable style using css sheets. Look forward to Version 2.0. It will be much nicer. But this shows what can be done with little time and it has minimal file-sizes.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe you could make the bg image bigger and take it off repeat? the red looks nice with the yellow, im not sure i like the italics. running 1024x768, you should take out the <p> at the top of the page, then i wouldn't have to scroll :D
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

one minor comment - it doesn't look very professional giving a hotmail account as your primary email address. set up an address relating to your domain, or purchase a domain purely for the email forwarding facility.
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This is the preliminary stage of my new web design and hosting site
I'll be looking forward to version 2.0. So far this site is really nothing... I'm a fan of red but as mentioned earlier way to much of it on the page..
Code: [ Select ]
[Session] Last=1 1=C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\Work\mind-powered\Mind-Case Version 1.0\contact.html [Options] BrowserPath=http://devphp.sourceforge.net/
This code shows up top in your Contact section... Work on the page more and we'll see...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers