SITE REVIEW: MindCry Hosting

• mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please let me know what you think of my site for my webhosting business. http://mindcry.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it that bad?
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is crisp and clean, no frills.. it is a standard layout scheme that is very common.. I would work on the copy/text on the homepage, it looks like it needs a little breathing room. Maybe use cell padding so that the text is not all the way up to the edges of their cells. Plus the main body of text is long, maybe break the paragraphs up with a line in between each (unless you're trying to squeeze it all into the window without having to scroll to read it all. Maybe it's all just fine the way it is, except try adding a few other graphics/colors..

Other than that, everything is easy to navigate, and site is not overwhelming or confusing.

Hope some of this is helpful to you.
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed you spaced out the paragraphs, it does look better! :D
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, definatley does look better thanks to your advice of course :) I am trying to figure out now what kind of colors to add and see if that will make it look better as well.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Too much text blocks becuase people on the web scan pages - Consider sub titles with logical grouping of text and bullet points and even small icons or clean photos no larger than 70x70pixels.

2. "Plan Highlights" consider padding and no italic. Italics are for quotes.

3. Links inside the logical groups in point 1 of the homepage to other areas of your site

4. Header graphic – consider cropping 40 pixels off the bottom and removing the old fashioned drop shadow on the logo.

5. Add a unique HTML title to every page.

Sorted!

Good job and good luck!
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you mean by

3. Links inside the logical groups in point 1 of the homepage to other areas of your site
  • Phaedrus
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's clean, but it's a little too plain. I agree that an image or two might make it more appealing. Also, people will not read large blocks of text on a webpage. And I think on the top banner it should say "hosting" so it's immediately clear what Mindcry means. And maybe on the step plans in the boxes on the right, you could set them off with a different color or an icon or something.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindcry wrote:
What do you mean by

a) Group you text into subtitles (2 or 3).
b) Add bullet points
c) Consider icons or a photograph
d) Now add links from these sections to other areas of your site

Its to reduce large blocks of text and aid navigation without looking at the menu bar.
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made some of the changes on this page, let me know if the changes look and better. Thank you all so far for your input.

http://mindcry.net/?newhome
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You offer hosting plans and no Contact Form??? You must be kidding!

Can you add SOMETHING to the About Page? Plain text is boring!

It is neat, don't get me wrong, but I have the impression that this site should go for a review at the Fortune 500 forum, not at a design opinion forum...
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep thats it spot on. Picture of server would be good too :) but its alot more usable now.
  • Wapture
  • Wapture

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, pictures are normally good. People feel more pulled into a website with great images, along with great descriptive and easy to use navigation like yours.
  • noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spring, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, that's pretty nice. The colors really go well with eachother, also the logo looks great. And you have ok hosting prices, but that's not the point. The site looks good.
  • paolus
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Your site looks clean!
As said above: add some small images of a server or whatever, and add a contactform.
To add some different colors in your site give your name in the header another color, try the color of your 'Plan Highlights' text. Try to change the color of your menufont allso.
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oy mon,

Tis looking quite fine nowadays, your site! A good job you've done.

Me liken how you've narrowed down the text, and displayed the different hosting packages more clearly. It looks very professional and makes the company look good as well.

This is my hosts page: http://www.hasweb.com/
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW that design is amazing :shock: (for hasweb.com) as for the other site that were reviewing I like it, its abit to simple however a few relivant pictures here and there and it will look ace :lol:
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I don't know if I'd call their design amazing, however I did post the link so that Mindcry might see another competitors design for their hosting site..

Their design is good though :D
  • Alderak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia, Vic, Melbourne

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad.... Its a fairly net, attractive site thats easy on the eyes. Its easy to understand and navagate. However it is going the way of most hosting sites today in its layout but nice to see that the look still works

Cheers
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any suggestions where I can get some stock images for my site?
  • Nazrin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: MY(Malaysia)

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks clean , neat..but try to add some more details..the site looks empty...white background...anyway good site... :D
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have found some images and added them to the about, contact, and support pages. Please let me know what you think, thanks.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindcry wrote:
Any suggestions where I can get some stock images for my site?

depends on if you're looking for free stock images (which I don't know of very much on the net) or paying stock images sites.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Both versions are pleasing to the eye. However I do like the second version better. If you insist on the setup fee I would consider stating how much it is along with the plan price and the fact that it is waived with three months prepayment. If your market/niche are your own web design clients you should do well. However if you are going after mainstream market share then realize that setup fee will be prohibitve. I also agree that the name you have chosen needs to have hsoting assoicated with it. Last but not least you should know, all that I read suggests you are a reseller?
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Last but not least you should know, all that I read suggests you are a reseller?

What do you mean by that? I am actually not a reseller and have my own boxes.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was the impression I got. Offering small plans and restricting free adult TGP's and/or sites were some factors which contributed to the impression. I'm not saying that it would have been a bad thing if you were.

mindcry wrote:
Quote:
Last but not least you should know, all that I read suggests you are a reseller?

What do you mean by that? I am actually not a reseller and have my own boxes.
  • foolioGrimz
  • foolioGrimz
  • Loc: beeville, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

one thing... explain what some of those hosting options mean for ppl who are clueless

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers