SITE REVIEW: Moan - About - Men

• sooey
  • Born
  • Born
  • sooey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am very new to all this, so look forward to your comments.

Also - I have no idea how to sell advertising space and how much to charge.

We are using affiliates which arent that lucrative

Can anyone helpe :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ajkendall
  • ajkendall
  • Loc: Liverpool, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the banner and the color scheme matches the website but i'm not a fan of the layout, it looks too amateurish and the fact you use images for text is a no go, i would make sure all your text is actually text for usability issues as well as search engines

get some organisation on those banners and keep the layout proportional, think this site would have some great potential with a nice layout... ;)
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel like you should get rid of the header (black are at the top) Intstead you could put the private policy and about us catagories as a footer, then turn your neat little banner into a "home" link. But something should be done with that black bar, you have moaning about men twice within millimeters, its a bit redundant.
  • remarked
  • remarked

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a bloke, I kind of liked it, last the idea. Though advertising is important, for me it distracted considerably from the site and content.

Also as was said above, using graphics for text boxes is a huge no no.

Finally, I clicked on one which was the one to email the site, however as this machine didn't have an email client installed it went it to a huge loop mand crashed my system.

I would review.

m
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm assuming the site is http://www.moanaboutmen.com ... ?

Uhm ... 165 W3C Validation errors ... that'll probably keep you busy for a while ... click here to see them ...

Then yes like the other people already mentioned ... (images as text = not cool) ...

Maybe some rollovers would be cool too ... I like rollovers ... I mean ... who doesn't ... Just for that part that says "Go to the forums ..." ...

And then also quite a few of your images look a bit pixelated to me ... I think you could sharpen thos up a little bit ...

Then also you could disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour, that way, users won't redirect to the page that they're on, and they'll easily know which page they are on ...

On the "Men V Women" page there are a few categories divided by headings, I noticed that the bottom two headings look different from the others ... they are in pink ("And I quote" and "Man Talk") whereas the others are in black and are actual text ... Also on that page the "Man Talk" part is repeated twice ...

On the "Emails of the moment" page there are quite a few emails, but they don't seem to be categorized as the "Men V Women" page is ... maybe you should just put an extra line break in between them or give them headings or something like that ... Oh no, I see that you have done that ... the first one is just not bold ... that's all ...

On each of the pages you have a little introduction about the page (in a blue block with black text) ... I think you could make those text instead of images aswell ...

On the secret confessions page you have categories (stories) which are separated by headings, and again, some of the headings are text and some are images ... I think you should have a look at that ...

On the shopping page you have those "block ads" which look pretty great, but they are not all the same size, and that makes it look a little strange ... I think you should resize them all so that they are all on standard size, and then you won't have those two loose ads hanging around there aswell at the bottom ...

Again on the "Your stories" page there are the categories (stories) and some are separated by text headings and some by image headings, have a look at that, if you make them all the same (I'd suggest text) the site will look more uniform ...

Check your search results aswell please ... make a search for "shoe" and see what you get ... it seems to return the whole page when it finds a match on the page ... instead of just the article/story ...

On the "Tell a friend" page the heading is (Email a copy of '' to a friend) ... I think you should check that there is something filled in in the gap there ...

On the "Privacy Policy" page the font is different to the others ... I think you should keep the whole site's fonts the same to keep it uniform ...

And one last thing ... on the "About us" page maybe just separate the telephone numbers with spaces aswell and not just the slashes ... that would make it easier to read and make it seem more like telephone numbers ...

Hope this is helpful and doesn't seem that I'm trying to be harsh ... because I'm not at all ...
  • moree
  • Born
  • Born
  • moree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site you have

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers