SITE REVIEW: mobile phone shop

• benf
  • benf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can some one tell me why we are not selling much on this website? Do you not feel confident enough to buy something, could it be the shipping rate, or is it just the design. Can you find information and navigate your way around easily.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site as a whole doesn't look too bad, although there is a certain "bland-ness" about it. It doesn't really engage the user.

The page header is fine, as is the logo. However, the overall page may look better if the blue used for the search bar etc was the same shade as the logo.

I think you need to pull the nav bar up a little. The nav bar itself if good, although it looks somewhat disjointed with a lump of text in between the search bar and the nav bar. Perhaps the text would be better suited positioned below the nav bar?

I think some of the text on the pages describing your products could do with being a bit more stylized, so as to lift it off the page a bit. For example, clicking on "Nokia" in the nav bar brings up a page detailing which accessories you have for Nokia phones. The problem is that the categories (i.e., Batteries/Bluetooth Headsets etc) don't really stand out from the other text (in fact, to my eye, the text accompanying the category (i.e. "Choose one of these stylish, genuine bluetooth headsets or personal hands free kits - for talking on the move.") stands out more so than the header.

One small point - I've noticed on the nav bar that when you're on a sub menu (i.e. Nokia>Batteries), the cursor is set to a text pointer. Perhaps change this to the "pointer" cursor, so as to keep the user's mental model in check.

I'd maybe think about introducing more color to the body of the page. I'd like to see more of the turquoise that's used in the main logo.

Hope this helps.
  • benf
  • benf

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the feed back. I completly agree, unfortunatly due to the shop creator template i am very linited to certain design features.
thanks for your comments they have helped.
  • Taylor Hewitt
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry to be blunt, but it looks like one of those corny websites and alot of people wouldn't take it seriously. Try to make it less tacky and a little more professional. Other than the actual layout it looks quite good.
  • benf
  • benf

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi im glad you have been blunt this is what i want. When you say corny how do you mean. What makes it tacky, i need some detail if you could, or could anyone else add to this. i look at the bloody thing all day.

please help!
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

With the exception of the search/nav bars, I kinda got the feeling that it reminded me of those pages you see on eBay, where the sellers create their own page to advertise the product they're selling. Nothing bad about that, just looks like low-tech HTML.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how your site is very secure and you can see that its secure. The only thing i think you need to do is make your tems and conditions a bit clearer.

Its good copying larger sites and creating a small print with a link to the terms and conditions, but if you are to get people to trust your company then you need to show that you are not scared for people to see your terms and conditions.

It took me a few moments to find the terms and when i did i wasnt interested in reading them. The reason larger website companys get away with this is because of the size of them. People would know almost instantly if for example Vodafone started to muck customers about in a big way.

Just a thought.
  • benf
  • benf

Post 3+ Months Ago

has anyone got anything elase they could add? I am really greatful for the feed back people have given, i would like some more if possible.
  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would make it more prof. Try changing something in the top. I think there is too much space .

I think your website should say something. Try think about a catchy slogen and put it near your logo, I think this can make a difference...
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the blandness.
make it more professional look like putting in more good graphics, use bright colours, have offer deals banners.

last minute or last orders before the sale ends!!

that sort of things..Make the WEB SITE active! or active looking!! Make it look like theres things happening or things to be DISCOVEred! :-)

otherwise, most people are content to getting out of your web site only.

just my 2 cents.
  • goplanit

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite like it. It's easy to navigate but I agree with others about the blandness. Too much unused space at the top.
  • angiek
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could use a little animation here and there, the color of the nav bar should be like the logo color, would look much better in my opinion.
Also if you could align the navigation menu more to the left, and the text align to the fit the right side.

I would like to ask you if you have done a search engine optimization for this site, one the reasons that you don't sell enough could be that your site does not come up well in a web search, also try to put some advertising in some of the most popular sites...

I hope it helps!.. :P :wink:
  • Sharandyr
  • Sharandyr
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is just lacking "umph", it's hard to describe... I went to the shoppingcart site for what you use, here is an example of another site using the same "shopcreator" but has more engaging design that draws you in... http://www.thehut.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/TheHut

Perhaps it's the lack of an identity and styling, boxiness and not quite aligned correctly layout, and the departments menu is just so looong and drawn out, I don't know- not good at expressing things I guess :?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers