SITE REVIEW: mobile-settlements.com

• goldnite
  • goldnite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please tell my what you think of this website - http://www.mobile-settlements.com. Even though we've been in the title insurance business a long time, we just started this website, and I'm very new to web design and programming. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your words are taking too much space. And your header bar ( Title/Logo ) is placed to the right but your contents in the body is on the left.
  • goldnite
  • goldnite

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure I'm getting what you mean - I tried to center everything - are you saying I shouldn't center everything, or that it doesn't appear to be centered?

Thanks for looking!
  • jwc
  • Born
  • Born
  • jwc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi goldnite,
have a look at this guideline I think you could find some tips to enhance your site.
http://www.18aproductions.co.uk/blog/20 ... y-website/

According with jeorge I can't see your site well aligned

Header navigationBar and content are on three different position.

Another think you should do is download the user agent switcher.

For now it is all, for more information http://digital-drugs.blogspot.com/2008/ ... tcher.html

Regards
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Without sounding like a jerk, I'm very sure you are great at what you do, but you might want to look into using a template of some sort (there are hundreds of nice ones out there and there is no shame in using them) or hire a designer. The site is dated and has no real appeal. You've been in business for some time, this site might reflect poorly on the work you are doing. New clients may see this and be turned off. Just a thought.
  • goldnite
  • goldnite

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah, this actually was from a template, believe it or not. I made some changes to remove a few things I didn't want, like adsense, and changed blue to black, since our company colors are red, gold and black. I'm not really sure where to find "good" templates - I've googled and found a zillion sites - can you, or anyone else, recommend one or two that would have templates for business? Thanks for all of your help!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site (Ozzu) has lots of templates in many categories...

http://www.ozzu.com/webtemplates/
  • temeku_graphics
  • temeku_graphics

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there Goldnite.

I am going to have to agree here with Zaiah. My initial thought of your website was that it was about ten years outdated. This could drive away that potential client in a heartbeat. You want your website to scream professionalism.

What is to keep this client from moving onto another Title Insurance company because their website is nicer, modern, and more professional? Even if your company is the better one, the client will never know this because your website was not appealing enough to give your company a fighting chance.

With that said, I suggest more imagery, creating a modern logo. I also suggest tightening up the layout, because the header, navigation and body are not in sync.

From what I searched within a minute on google, here is a good one in my opinion. Insure Home

Best to you. We all had to start somewhere.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers