SITE REVIEW: 3D Model Blog

• guppyman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guppyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I made this blog to support my 3D modelling hobby and interests.

>>> 3D Modelling resources

Please comments. Thanks.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really nice, clean layout guppy. The header lighting is current and I think the use of the serif font for the title really dresses it up. I do feel like it could use some color though, I know you have the blue links and the green bullets but I dont really feel as thought the template has any colors in it. It just seems a little monochromatic. This might not end up being a bad thing though as you fill the page with post and images, but I cant help but thing a compliment color would be a welcomed contrast (just used sparsely).

Also I am not sure whether or not you can fix it easily or not but the image with the footer shadow is squared off at the bottom. That might be because I have my monitors set to be overly sensitive though.

I do enjoy the simulated lighting and the gradients though they are subtle but noticeable which is the way that I think gradients should be (not jumping off the page), but did you want us to compare it to the original or just give you our feedback on the overall site?
  • asoka05
  • Born
  • Born
  • asoka05

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and clean website. but i think it's better to change template. maybe you can change your web design. but i like it's content. ^^
  • ahmeTT
  • Born
  • Born
  • ahmeTT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Review about what ? Content or design ? Design is a template, content must be discussed @ 3d forums ;)

By the way, i like iNove theme. It's simple and cool.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is nice and clean... I guess (according to ahmeTT) you chose a pretty good template :lol:

I suggest you fix the 9 errors found by W3 Validator

Content-wise, I think you have adequate enough of information/images on the front page to tell the user that you are into 3D design.

Just one suggestion... what about making a 3D Logo to go at the top right-left cornet besides the slogan and the site name. Just a thought that could help you in the long wrong.

The trackback link leads me to a 404 error page... not that I was going to submit anything, I'm just clicking buttons so I could review the site on functionality, design and content.

Also, what kind of site is this going to be? Commercial (Are you going to try and get some money out of it)? Or a profile type thing to associate with your business/hobby? Or a sort of a mixture of both? Just wondering so I would know on what to base my review on...

On the archives thing, maybe you should put the number of posts there are under that year, and under that category... possibly could be a good thing... just another suggestion :)

I like how fast your load time is though... loads pretty quickly... I basically don't notice the transition from one page to another... that is a good thing :)

Good luck with your site :D
  • shiela72

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site design is good in my opinion. I think you should change the header's font to sans-serif, and just like Bogey had said, try to make a 3D logo on the left-side of the header so that the visitors can really see that it's about 3D modeling. It will look even better.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canton Mi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general layout of the site and how it looks. It is very easy to navigate and simple to understand. There is a good deal of improvement in layout and theme but other then that the site seems to be a good start. the site is fast to load and there is no errors or lag that is noticeable other then some areas need better noticeably like the right menu area they seem to just be adds but in actuality is apart of the site.
  • extr3m3
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • extr3m3
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is ok. You can not like the black and white contrast. It is always a good choice of colors. You should add more articles, pictures to make your site more atractive because now it is kinda boring.
You should add your site in a lot of directories to make it more popular.

<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
Why are these meta tags empty? you can`t get traffic if u don`t have key words and a good description of your content.
  • nirgame
  • nirgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to provide more resources for 3d models. Have you considered working with Dosch 3D and others that offer high quality models?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers