SITE REVIEW: Money Makerz

• mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Review my site: http://moneymakerz.white.prohosting.com ... mhome.html

Site is mostly done except for the errors that came up when i ran it through the checker. if anyone can help me with some of those i would be very thankful. i tried to make it very simple and plain, not too confusing to read. so let me know what you think. thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

um what is the point of this site?
  • zerogcameron
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • zerogcameron
  • Loc: Atlanta, Ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design at the top is ok, after that it seems a little sloppy. The text needs a bigger margin.

Also, as demonmaestro said, what is the point of the site? If we can't figure it out when asked to review it, their's no way your target audience will be able to.
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to read the first paragraph to understand what its about. Its a site that shows people what GPT's (Get Paid To) sites are and the top sites out in the market. GPT's are sites where you do offers such as surveys, trials and stuff to earn money.

ok so how do i get margins for the text in each cell block? i have borders around them and when i tried to put cell padding it just made my borders get bigger. i used a 1px gif for the borders. thanks for the feedback too. What could i do to make people more aware of what the site is when they first look at it?
  • zerogcameron
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • zerogcameron

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the first paragraph gives a brief overview. But, you don't explain what GPT is. Also, you don't really explain what GPTs are paying you to do. Sure, it says it later in the descriptions of the services, but you need a clear statement at the top so people know exactly what the site is the minute they look at the web site.

My personal opinion is that people do not spend any more than 30 seconds trying to figure out what a site is about (and that's pushing it). It's sad, but true.

As far as the formatting (paddings), I'm not really sure how to fix it, because your code is kind of confusing me.

You also might want to stray away from primarily table-designed layouts, as the support for them is decreasing, and they load a lot slower than CSS.

If you want, I can help you design a new web site from scratch, PM if you're interested (because I don't want to spam the forum).
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

So how can i make it show what the site is about right away other than a paragragh? and where can i learn how to design using divs or whatever the best way to design today.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

also you should get a real domain...
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woah....wheres the site....oh there it is under the enormous ad banner. If you want to run a money making business you need to get serious....no ads, at least not like the that. Also as many mentioned...the purpose is not quite immediately evident. Aswell the main banner does not reflect the content of your site...it looks like it should be something about the matrix. As far as the actual content...you need to use more colors, or add some more borders to add definition and division. Hope that helps.

Good Luck
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm i guess because its a free host they just added those ad banners in there because they werent there before. anyway, i made this site more for practice than anything. I needed practice with tables so this was the first idea that popped in my head. now i hear tables are not as good to use anymore. so what do i use then? and if it is divs how would i go about learning how to use them? can someone pm a good place or help me out? so again i didnt make this really to get the site out there too much althogh it would be nice, so having a real .com domain was/is not that much of a concern right now. the other comments you guys are leaving however are very useful. i kind of knew the header wasnt really relevant to the site but i saw the idea somewhere and i liked it so i just tried it. but i will def work on a new header and put some money or something more related to the title. and can you give me some examples as what you mean by adding more colors and borders to add def and division? like i said before, i need someway to get the paragraph from being so close to the border but when i do the padding it just increases the border and not the distance from the content. any more help would be great thanks a lot
  • zerogcameron
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • zerogcameron

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try going to echoecho.com - they have a really good set of CSS tutorials, that's how I learned. You might also want to check out the tutorials on the W3C (world wide web consortium, they are the law when it comes to the internet) web site, which is w3c.org.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with the other comments up here - the design does not look professional at all.

Ignoring the giant ad banner, your own banner (for money makerz) has a strange gear thing in the background, and looks almost industrial. What is the purpose of that image? An image that is more suited to your site (dollar bills, or coin stacks, or something) would be more appropriate. I would recommend a graphics editing program such as Photoshop, or Gimp (which is free) to create such an image.

The color scheme also isn't that great - there's too much grey. Try adding some color to the site.
  • jambai
  • jambai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Better change the host . Those ads kill the look of your site!
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a quick easy host change, try Awardspace...no adds.
  • custommaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • custommaster
  • Loc: St Louis

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will just say I agree the ads must go, very few will look past, and read further into what the site is offering.

As to content I would be very skeptical, but I don't know much about GPT's.

Regards,
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks a lot. i havent had a lot of time to change some of the things you guys have mentioned, but i will most likely do that in a about a week and the i will see if the changes are a bit better. im thinking of getting a .com domain, and was wondering if anyone knew and pretty cheap but good hosting sites? like i said did this mainly for practice so im not looking for anything expensive.
  • koolguy
  • Born
  • Born
  • koolguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks man cool site!
  • honestj
  • Born
  • Born
  • honestj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello mjcrash22

1. For future reference try to make your main points large and clear, so people will know exactly what your site is about before they read your paragraph.

Example- Make an Extra $2000 a Year
just from telling your opinion on some surveys

2. It has already been mentioned, but use a free web host that doesn't put a HUGE banner on your site.
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, thanks a lot honestj. i appreciate you giving me some useful tips. i will definitely include that when i fix this site up. i looked at your site as well. pretty cool, lots of good info. i just finished my college career playing football and now i am a big health freak! not really but im trying to eat better and get in great shape, so i appreciated your site, good stuff. thanks again, any more tips would be great, from anyone.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not the best site I have seen. Free hosted sites are also not very good when trying to make yourself look good and professional in the current online market.

You are using a free hit counter aswell which is not good as the only professional site that I have seen use them are ebay and other auction sites so that it displays how many pageviews an auction page has received. I don't think people need to know how many pageviews your site has received and I can also easily put a counter on my site that reads 30,000,000,000,000,000. You can just make one up easily.

Other than that, good luck.
  • evolvexmb
  • evolvexmb

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to concentrate on what you would like the site to be about. I agree with the others who are saying what is the site about? Looks more like a site filled with ads just to make money. I suggest adding some content to it.
  • guppyman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guppyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just my opinion...

I think the top banner is too obstrusive and huge. It is quite hard to understand the theme of the site.

But i think it is a fairly informative site.

regards
  • gruber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • gruber
  • Loc: Croatia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
That commercial for web hosting on the top - completly confused me, It took me some time until I reallized what your page is really about.
  • yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree the top looks nice. i know what method in ps you used to create yiour text effect.

your web counter looks horrible and makes it look old
  • interec
  • interec

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good website, plus one does not have to explore and dig around the site to find out what it is about. Reading the introductory text on your main page gives a very good idea of what the website is about.

Get rid of the obtrusive ad at the bottom of your main webpage. It does not appear to gel with your website. The counter also should be removed, don't you have a stats package running for your site?
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. it really helps and once i get time to work on this more i will factor in everyone's comments because i think most of them have helped me. I know about the ads that are everywhere but like i said a few times i did this mainly for practice so i just used a free hosting service to put it on the web. i know they are annoying so i appoligize for that.

what would be the best stats package that you suggest?
  • weirdbiz
  • weirdbiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

The ads at the top look a bit off. Like they are from somewhere else entirely. They don't blend well is what I mean. I think you have more success (usually) blending your ads in a bit more. I understand wanting to have ad space at the top of the page (for quick clickers) but... could look better. I think simpler would be better.
  • mjcrash22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjcrash22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i didnt place the ads in there at all. i am using a free hosting service and they placed them in there theirselves. so i cant do anything about it until i get a new hosting service. but thanks for the help!
  • MrGamma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Toronto, Burlington, Hamiltion, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your honest and striaght forward sales pitch... I actually believe that you have invested time into these programs and have made money from them...

If I were to take that route I would be inclined to begin investigating the scene through your advice...

But your design needs some real work...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers