SITE REVIEW: MooLabs.com

• 3D-Orbit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, this is my first website. I would appreciate any feedback good or bad about making any changes. My site doesn't really fall into a specific category, but once I join affiliate programs it will lean towards sports and general categories. If anybody has Dial-Up connection, can you please let me know if the page loads quickly. Thanks for any comments. http://www.MooLabs.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay......First I am on AOL right now because for some reason FF and IE are not working. On AOL your website does not fit into the window properly. The design looks good but I can't figure out what the site is about. You should let the viewer know what the site is about and make it very clear on the homepage. Are the links your navi menu? If so, please make them into flash buttons to match the website. I think that would all help. I 'll check it later in FF when I solve my own problems here.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Are the links your navi menu?

Sorry, I didnt know they took you to another site. Well it looks like you need a navigational menu.
  • 3D-Orbit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for pointing that out. The size fits fine for IE and FireFox, but I checked it on Opera and its screwed up. Im working on it now. As for what the site is about, its suppose to be a little bit of everything. I need to rethink a bunch of things. I will post back when I get everything the way I want. Thanks
  • vpar2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vpar2
  • Loc: Rockville MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

3d-orbit, is your monitor set to 1280 by 1024? Because my monitor is 1024 by 768 and your site is too big to fit.

Your site seems to be under construction right now, because it has no links or text anywhere. That is a nice image though. How did you render that?
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, dont worry to to much about it tho. Im sure about 95% of your visitors will view in IE or FF anyways :)
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wait a sec! It doesnt fit in IE either.......hmmm we now have a problem
  • 3D-Orbit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your help. I might redo the whole thing. I think now it should fit fine, but I might change the background. Hopefully it should be ready in a couple days. I decided to make it a sports theme so its not so confusing.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. so will you be adding content to the site? Like your own sports site not just links to others? And if you do a navigational box would look great just barely right of the map and paragraph you wrote on the far left. One more question, what is up with the fireman? LOL he seems out of place.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website gives me the impression of slapping as many different things as you could into a table structure.

The site is too cluttered. I did figure out what it was about but on 56k the picture does not load for a long time.

I would move all your stuff into different sections and link them all through a menu. This would definitely improve your site.

You use underline too much on your text. I end up thinking it is a link which it isn't.

Times new roman font in the title definitely should be changed.

Put your contact section as a seperate page in which you either have a form for users to enter a message to you or you post you email address(in an image to avoid spam) and tell people hwo much you enjoy recieving comments. Other suggestions I have are a guestbook and links section.

You have a lot or work to do but your site probably has great potential if you make it well. Dont give up.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. I use IE, doesn't fit like you said. I have a DSL 256k connection, but It still took about 27 seconds to load everything. There's just to much randomness in your website. The pictures just suddenly cut off every time there's a new box. But the rest is good.

My rating:
6/10 - Needs a lot of work
  • 3D-Orbit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your suggestions. My site is obviously a work in progress. I am planning on simplifying quite a bit. I am having trouble adding pages at the moment, but still waiting to get support from my web host. Hopefully in a couple days it will be better. Thanks again for your opinions.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you work in HTML or are you using some dynamic site builder? Maybe there is some documentation somewhere on the internet that would answer your question. You should google for it.
  • Nebulous
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Nebulous
  • Loc: Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently using a laptop and the site looks very poor., it doesnt fit on the screen properally. Also there is no clear navigation bar which is bad, and it isn't clearly laid out..

Keep trying mate.
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, Animated gifs (that look like microsoft ClipArt) and the actual ClipArt themselves drive me nuts. I can't stand the look of those things. That's all person opinion though. The background isn't bad, but I'd put the text in a table on a solid color (easier to read). My right click mouse button has been disabled (which also bugs me) so that's something you may want to think about. If people can see something on your site, they can take it. The right click script will just annoy. Finally the site's size is the last big thing that needs mentioning. Try to get it to display nicely in at least 800 x 600.

Overall, it's a good first shot, but you should definately be looking for ways to improve.
  • Jpellizzi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has potential, I would organize it a little better...
  • Jpellizzi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestley -
I think there is no "purpose" to this site. If the site is about football picks i would put some information that pretains to football...not cows. You have like a cool looking animation thing going on, but it really doesnt fit. Where is the gridiron, wheres the contact, people flying around getting smashed?

sorry to be so hard but the moderators said my last review was bs...
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jpellizzi wrote:
Honestley -
I think there is no "purpose" to this site. If the site is about football picks i would put some information that pretains to football...not cows. You have like a cool looking animation thing going on, but it really doesnt fit. Where is the gridiron, wheres the contact, people flying around getting smashed?

sorry to be so hard but the moderators said my last review was bs...

I think this review actually hit the nail on the head. Its true, the content does not fit the look at all. And to Jpellizi, dont be sorry about any review you make if its your honest opinion.
  • 3D-Orbit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your honest opinions. Its just suppose to be a fun site about sports. Thats all. I wanted to try something that was different. This is the very first site I created, and I am planning on creating a new one in a few weeks.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

3D-Orbit wrote:
Thanks for your honest opinions. Its just suppose to be a fun site about sports. Thats all. I wanted to try something that was different. This is the very first site I created, and I am planning on creating a new one in a few weeks.

And you did a super great job, especially for your first site. But if the content fit the look it would really be spectacular.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

And the new one will be even better! I remember my first site. It was totally horrible. I got 1000 hits in about 2 years, 400 of which were me!
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
And the new one will be even better! I remember my first site. It was totally horrible. I got 1000 hits in about 2 years, 400 of which were me!

That is me right now!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Un I dont think so, not to get too off topic, but I used to use frames gallore, a design with every colour of the rainbow, blindingly bright text, all kinds of no-nos. And I was in Geocities not a .com.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha, I guess not then.
  • conexxx
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: From the country of dreams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website makes me think.. Barney..

vpar2 is right it doesn't feet on the screen.

but I like it anyways

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers