SITE REVIEW: morantransportation.com

• pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not spaming i just need ur opinion.....I redid this bussiness's site for them........Heres there site before i redid it http://www.morantransportation.com and heres the site I redid http://www.geocities.com/bosconypd55/Moran.html The links don't work, but what u think about the remake, There wasn't really much i could do with it but what else do u think would help, Thanks, what one looks better?[/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's definitely an improvement over the previous version's main page, although I'm interested to see how you continue development.

One thing I think is important, that's a pain in the ass on the existing site, is that no matter what page you go to, you've got to click back to get back to the main navigation menu, so that's one thing I'd keep on every page.

Again on the existing site, on the "Services" page, there is another set of links replacing the navigation area on the main page, so I'd be interested to see how you work that in on the new layout.

The only things I think I would, for a start I'd center it on the page, it just looks like one of those sites that needs to be centered to "frame" it a bit more evenly on the page. Also, I might move the "Quick links" to the footer, rather than having them at the header.

The phrase near the top below the logo, "At Moran, services isn't just, etc, etc." I'd probably put a <br> somewhere in there to even it up a bit. Making the sentence into two similarly lengthed lines, just to make it look a little neater (and nuke the period at the end too) like maybe..

<center>At Moran, service isn't just a department. It's a
commitment to quality that inspires our entire company</center>
See, just neatens it up a lil, makes the second line look like it belongs with the first a bit better :)

The only other thing I would do maybe is change the font in the address box. I'd make it either the same as "Information" in the box on the left, or the same as the links (but remain black for the text).

Oh, one last thing, just to see how it looks, try having black as the link mouseover colour instead of white. It will still make them stand out against the rest when your mouse is over them, but it won't be such a drastic opposite to the red that you go into shock for 5 minutes each time you move your mouse over one of them :)

Take my suggestions as you see fit. Without actually seeing them all running together in action, it's difficult to say how well they'd work or not, but give them a try and see what you think :)
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the tips, They made it look neater :D
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

center it horizontally using <center> tag. If you are feeling very brave center it horizontally AND vertically using a table.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
center it horizontally using <center> tag. If you are feeling very brave center it horizontally AND vertically using a table.

Is <center> valid html? Supported by all browsers? I thought it was a netscape only thing, but I might be wrong. I've always thought <div align="center"></div> was the preferred way to go.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

your using HTML but div is what people use now days for XHTML but lets not forget that browser compatibility is another ball game. <center> is more compatible with older browsers than DIV. But these are old browsers no one uses anymore so do use DIV method if you wish. Same goes for tables – use the DIV’s instead if you want too. I don’t see any real advantage yet cos there are better things you could be learning that has a real effect on your website.
  • s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definitely agree with axe that its an improvement. It looks more professional. I also think you should put the whole thing into a table and center the table.
something like this? I don't know (might not have it right... I'm not very good at this...):
Code: [ Select ]
<div align="center">
 <center>
 <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="53%" id="AutoNumber1" height="629">
  <tr>
   <td width="100%" height="629"> PUT YOUR SITE IN HERE....</td>
  </tr>
 </table>
 </center>
</div>
  1. <div align="center">
  2.  <center>
  3.  <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="53%" id="AutoNumber1" height="629">
  4.   <tr>
  5.    <td width="100%" height="629"> PUT YOUR SITE IN HERE....</td>
  6.   </tr>
  7.  </table>
  8.  </center>
  9. </div>

Also pertaining to the links on the revised site, you should revise the the links so that they fit into the new format of the site. (I know the links lead to the old site.)

Might want to make the picture in the middle bigger, but not to prominent to take away from the other content

Other than that I like the new site. :D
  • JakSmit
  • JakSmit
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the whole site very much,
what I would say is that a different
colour on the header would be nice,
a different shade of blue.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
your using HTML but div is what people use now days for XHTML but lets not forget that browser compatibility is another ball game. <center> is more compatible with older browsers than DIV. But these are old browsers no one uses anymore so do use DIV method if you wish. Same goes for tables – use the DIV’s instead if you want too. I don’t see any real advantage yet cos there are better things you could be learning that has a real effect on your website.

Which browsers support <center>? Which don't? Better to program for the future than dwell with the dinosaurs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers