SITE REVIEW: Moravian College Multicultural Club

• s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, just wanted some suggestions and comments on this site I have been working on for a little bit

I added some features that I found from Java file, I think they all should work :D

uh any comments are welcome - Im not really a coder, and I don't know anything about webdesign, if you read the source, you can see that all this work was done in front page and photoshop. its really the second site I have ever done.
oh and the mouse over is limited, I am still working on it...

Thanks in advance for your comments!
-Ted

LINK

PS can you help me try to resize it so it fits on a 1024x768 res? how do you do it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a few little things.

First, on the Home page. In the News box, you might want to resize the box so that it loses the scroll bar on the bottom.

Also instead of having the link to Home at the bottom of the page, you might want to change it so that clicking the banner at the top takes you back to the home page.

On the forum page, you have a link to email, you might want to change the text of it to acutally say your email address instead of just "email".

Where you have the date at the top of the page it says "The date today is: Tuesday, April 20, 104" instead of "The date today is: Tuesday, April 20, 2004". You will want to fix that.

On your events page you might want to add some more spacing between the first and second entries.

Other than those few little things, I like the layout of the site.
  • s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments!

Quote:
First, on the Home page. In the News box, you might want to resize the box so that it loses the scroll bar on the bottom.

It doesn't seem to have that problem? hmm... I'll look and view it in another browser though

Quote:
Where you have the date at the top of the page it says "The date today is: Tuesday, April 20, 104" instead of "The date today is: Tuesday, April 20, 2004". You will want to fix that.

it seems to work for me? what browser are you using?
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using Firefox.
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is very bland and boring needs some sort of different mix in the colors besides the blue. I find myself getting lost in the page and took me a sec to find that the home page button was on the bottom left. The banner up top "Multicultural Club" text is clashing with the above words making the last letters of college blocked. I see you have a link to bookmark the site :roll: not clicking it.. :P One more thing with the date input there is some text overwriting the year number I would remove that..
3/10
later
SycomCOmp
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

um.. where is the link to the site ???
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://home.moravian.edu/students/org/mcclub/ if you want to visit this site :roll:
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the design the only thing is me running a high resulution i have to scrol across the page a mile to see all the info
  • iamthesimpleone
  • iamthesimpleone
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first picture is really cool, it clearly says 'we're a multicultural club' and then I click enter, and the site doesn't tie that in at all.
  • infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first picture is very nice! The choice of color isn't great, not easy to read because the background is too dark and the text as well. The red moving text is very hard to read and is a bit annoying on the home page.
The navigation menu is nice and easy to use.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

ALright not bad lets see here:

1. whats the reason behind a big empty whaite page with the word enter on it? all it does is delays people actually getting to your site. Doesnt seem necessary to me.

2. Im on a 1024x768 res and i still had to scroll down to see the home button. Put it at the top with the other links.

3. header looks good, but the rest of the site is rather plain. I don't know about the iframe. try making it just one page.

Thats a good start on repairs i guess :D. Your doing well its just needs some work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers