SITE REVIEW: Movies Freak Flick

• lucky88
  • Born
  • Born
  • lucky88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

I need some serious feedback from everyone on my website that i have developed on my own using asp. I have never learn asp before in my entire life and only relies on Forum members to guide me.

Your feedback on the layout, design and content advises is much appreaciated.

Summary of Website:

URL Address: http://www.vcdplanet.com

Target market: We are targeting potential movies buyer around the world that are looking for vcd or dvd movies for purchase. All our vcd are dvd compatible version and suits to be played by all sorts of dvd player regardless of any region.

What the site is about : Our site caters only original and copyrighted VCD and DVD movies version. We do not sell illegal pirated movies. VCDPlanet carries wide range of movies from actions movies to classics movies and karaoke mtv discs. All movies listed are for purchase and will be drop shipped to customer destination.

Goal: Our goal is to sell our products worldwide thus able to provide entertainment fund to everyone regardless of any age group, races or sexes. We hope that our site will be the most outstanding store that promotes rapids development to movies industries.

I sincerely appreciate comments and word of wisdom in order to further enhanced the website for future upgrading. Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Thank you.
:shock: Lucky
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very well-organized for the wide selection of movies you offer. Offering shipping via fedex and payment through PayTox can really convince people to take up on your service. I do think you should have something more on the search page if there are no results, perhaps Google sponsored links with relevant results and I think you should build an order form instead of do order by email for bulk purchases (to keep things organized). Other than that, you're off on the right foot. Good luck!
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i am gonna cry, I visit 3 websites for review, and i have said the same thing.

ALT Tags, every image should have an alt tag.

This website will give you a review
http://www.sitesolutions.com/

You also need to be careful with your META Tags.

The "decsription" and "keywords" should be lower case, some spiders wont pick them up otherwise.
  • -Cody-
  • Born
  • Born
  • -Cody-
  • Loc: USA, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

your host is a little slow so takes a while to load pictures, or it might just be me. nice site and good job
  • Wiper
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Wiper
  • Loc: Norway, Oslo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice page, very nice set up. Usually falling snow makes a page look Newbish and unprofessional but this time it looks like you made it. I sure do have problems with finding something I dont like. Might be, there's a little mess at the top of the page, alittle much pictures maybe... too much graphics trying to catch my eye.

You're saying the page is for movie freaks, did you consider building a community with forums maybe? There's thousands online webshops out there and you need something unique.

I'd just like to say: great job! And I cant find anything to put my finger on :) Good luck with going public
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would trash the snowflakes...just a quick tip...I'm on my way out..

Sorry so short!
Corey
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site very much. Very well organized and clean looking. Not too fond of the snowflakes though but that is me. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into your site and it shows.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

to me it looks good but it also looks kinda like anyother "Shopping Cart sctipt" but it is vary clean and that what you want.. ya i think it is a little to soon for the snowflakes maybe have them for dec 20 till new years or something
other then that looks vary good
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way that the movies are categorized on this site. It is very easy to find the movies that you want.

The only thing that I do not like is the fact that the webpages look too spaced out for larger browser sizes.
  • incredible1
  • incredible1

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks a wee bit "Frontpage 3.0" instead of 2005
eg compare with netflix.com

Otherwise cool !

PS if you want to go public, contact http://www.ez2companies.com they are looking for a DVD site to buy

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers