SITE REVIEW: Moving Company Redesign

• rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.bluelinemovers.net . There old website can be found with the .com extension.
My client wanted me to experiment with a .NET domain before going live. Anyways, let me know what you think of the design. Also, the moving business is very competitive so you will notice it is optimized for the keywords boston movers and boston moving companies.

Oh, and the quote form is from the old site. I am in the process of developing an entire web application to help him run his business, so please ignore the quote form because it is ugly!

Thanks in advance.

Rick
RH Web Solutions
http://www.rhwebsolutions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definately a nice redesign. A couple of suggestions I would make would be:

1. On the get a quote page, instead of the 2 links for residential and commercial, have those as a drop down option and post the form on that page. The quicker you can get the visitor to fill out info, the better.

2. On the contact page, mailto links are a big mistake. First of all, it just leaves their email out in the open for spam harvestors, also in development today, it is kind of tacky to use a mailto link instead of a form.

3. I believe their are some links on the get a quote page that just link to a plain blue page, with no branding. That can really make a visitor nervous, and really impacts the chance that you can gather info from them. So if you still need separate pages for those forms, have them in the master template.

I would recommend using ajax, or if you are using DW CS3 or DW8 look into Spry, you can have all your forms dynamically update to whatever they need. And it hides your email and other info from bots.

Besides that, really nice work, it looks alot more professional now. The other site, I would not even think of reading more, now it looks legit.
  • rskala
  • Loc: Catskills

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a lot better than what they did have, Job well done Rick. I thought the graphics (header/quote button) could be a little more higher quality but it does look a lot better than what it did. Nice styling and a contact form is a must!
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestions. All very good comments.

Rick
  • Kerry1978
  • Kerry1978
  • Loc: Montreal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely a step up from old site :) Keep up the good work!
Though I would suggest evening out the testimonials with the quote button and maybe try to get the button above the fold?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers