• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as the design goes, I should say it's very neatly done. I can't think of anything that goes against the design :) - that's how a good design should be. The navigation bar at the bottom (the dock or whatever it's called) does jump around too much at times.

Apart from that, you should consider adding a non-Flash section for the benefit of users who are unable to view Flash content for some reason.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a very nice site I see the idea was taken from an apple computer, very nice. One point not sure if it matters as people would presumbly know what the point of you site was but I have looked at it and still have no idea what it is meant to do you may wish to add something on the index that tells you about the site.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow this is a tough one. i like the modern and unique flash structure of it. however the imagery kind of falls short. example, the drop shadow thing you have going on. you overused it and the shadow is way too strong. Then you have it on everything, except the little Oscars. What happened?
2. The animation of the earth, i would look for another one.
3. When you rollover the images on the bottom, the label (ie, "the blog") is not centered with the rest of the images.
4. You should pick a color scheme. You have way too many colors.
5. In the "about" Section you have "who, what, why, etc." I think it looks a little cheesy. And worst of all not all of the sections have information. I think one simplified page about your company should be enough.
6. Develop a real logo. That text effect is dated and doesn't really show a sense of design. If you are trying to attract customers with your design services you have to do one of two things with your site. Either make it very minimalistic or go all out and make it super flashy. IMO
7. for some reason on the NEWS tab. when i pull it out, it keeps bouncing.
8. i think the text is a little small also.
Think that's enough for now.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zaiah always beats me to the really good critiques, but here goes. I'm going to preface this by saying this may sound a bit harsh, but the idea with a critique is to make something better.

1. Starting with the loader. Its an interesting concept, but the type face isn't easy to read and the words don't seem to match what you claim to do. Its pretty fast, you may just want to use a regular loader so people don't think its some kind of impossible to skip intro.

2. In general your site suffers from an extreme amount of visual clutter. You have so many different image treatments, colors and styles that I have no idea whats important, whats a link, etc. I'd say you need to pick a design style (modern, elegant, grunge, etc) and check each image and icon to make sure it fits with that style.

3. Overall make your links look different. Its almost impossible to tell what's a text link and whats text to read. Are the words in the horizontal bar links, is the text in the upper left a header? The only way to know is to hunt with your mouse. As a user I assume your just wasting my time and that you don't care if I see your content.

4. Why doesn't your first page have any content? All I get is a spinning globe that doesn't relate to anything I'm expecting. Provide users with a reason to go exploring the rest of your site or they're just going to leave.

5. Why the lady's bellies in your contact section? The images aren't cropped in a way that I can't tell what they are and it has absolutely no connection what so ever to contacting you to build a website.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ only because I'm not getting any of my own work done! I wish I could do design for a living!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

what does that globe do? my first though was that when I hover over it, it's going to grow and become a link or something like that.

Then there are also the 28 validation errors, that you may want to fix.

at this moment I can't add anything to what has already been said here ...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Completely inaccessible for Opera/Ubuntu visitors due to Flash Player being broken in Opera 9.25 on Ubuntu. It's probably a small segment, but nice to know.
  • jakeboylesdesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jakeboylesdesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a cool site, the only things I think you should fix are the earth image because right now its a little pixely, maybe make it a png? One more thing I would fix are the buttons they look a little pixely to. Also the globes not moving for me, is it supposed to?
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe zaiah and graphixboy nailed it all pretty well. I am totally against complete Flash websites. Just a bad solution in my mind. Not to mention those slide in effects can be done using jQuery or prototype. Then you could have at least some indexed text.

Unless the only thing you are trying to market is Flash design, then you nailed it. But if you are trying to market SEO using a complete Flash site? Kind of an oxymoronic (hope I spelled that right) thing to do maybe?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers