SITE REVIEW: music-Abuse Shop - Royalty Free Music

• gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just finished this new eCommerce website http://www.music-abuse.com. Can you people just suggest me how it looks, its search combination, navigation, product offering, content, internal pages and about anything else.

Can you suggest, more features and anything special to make it better? Thanks very much!

To not let you boder with the reg, please use this login template:

user: guest
pass: 12345678

Best wishes and Marry Christmas!
Cerciello Giuseppe
  • drumeer
  • Born
  • Born
  • drumeer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it! - very nice design and good load time, what is very important for flash web site. :)
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx allot gor your comments.

However probably this will not give you a valid reviw, hope not :-)

Cerciello Giuseppe
  • drumeer
  • Born
  • Born
  • drumeer

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) I like good music web site, becouse I`m musician (drummer) :)
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

To start on a positive note, you created a guest account for us so we don't have to register. Grazie! =]

Now, my initial thoughts:

- This is a matter of personal preference, but I don't like splash pages. I don't understand the purpose of making a user click more than once to access the site's contents. On the other hand, you let me bypass the Flash intro by including the "Enter" link, which I really appreciate. Regarding the Flash piece itself, that blinking animation thing you have at the bottom could work if you slowed it down a little. You're not only changing the colour of the words, but their z-index, quickly moving them back and forth in a somewhat nauseating fashion. I found it a little overwhelming and got a headache.

- Clicking on "Enter" opens up a new window. Please don't do that.

- Upon clicking on the "Enter" link, your homepage contains the same animation while your site loads. Why not omit the splash page entirely, and simply have the animation play while your site is loading in the background? That would minimise the amount of time one needs to wait before actually viewing your content.

- I didn't see a "click here for a non-Flash version of our site" anywhere.

- Consider letting your users click on "italiano" to transform the whole site into Italian, instead of just the introductory text; that would also make it a permanent state, rather than having the text revert to English when the mouse is no longer hovering over the icon.

- When I click on "stop," the music starts again when I navigate to another "page" or section of the site. If I stop the music, I don't want it to start again until I say so (that is, until I click on "play"), no matter where I am on the site. Also, when I click on "stop," the music fades away. This is a nice little effect, but consider that your users may not be in a place where sound-emitting web sites are appreciated. Think music player rather than mixing station: When I click on "stop," I just want the music to stop.

- Overall, the verbiage is great, and the English is excellent for a non-English-speaking-country web site. Still, it could use a little cleaning up, and I'd recommend you have someone look it over for you. (For example, on the Company page, after your name, it should be "who is a music maker and producer," not "which is.")

- When playing a full track (for example, "Pep Talk"), your indicator doesn't progress smoothly, but rather jumps back a little bit every few seconds. Not sure if this is a glitch, or if it's by design.

- The sound effect when deleting a tune from "My Folder" is unnecessary, and doesn't fit with the rubbish bin icon. (But then, neither does the.. what is it, a splatter of blood?... when you click on the icon.)

- When a required field in the order form is left blank, the resulting red error message is not easy enough to spot. Consider highlighting the form field itself, as well as its descriptive text, to make it more obvious what the user has forgotten to do.

I think that overall, you have a great start. All the site needs is a little polishing up to smoothe the rough edges a bit.

Hth.
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ciao justG, thanx allot for your great observations and time.

As far concern the splash page, is already out as allot people told me the some. The reason I did it in the first place was an attempt to disable the browsers arrows as the site in built totally in flash. Any idea (which is not to not use flash) would be appreciated. The way is now, looks like an intro but isn't, is just a pre-loader.

Mantain 2 version of the site would take to mutch time. I opted for this route as the text contents are very minimal so trasleting only the necessary I think is appropriate. Considering that after all the target are professionals and the Italian language is a bonus as the site's intented udience is international.

As far concern the start/stop of the music, I do agree entirely and I will work on it as soos as I can.

Thanks allot for my english and spelling suggestion. I am glad that is reasonable. Unfortunatelly I don't have any friends that could help on this.

About the trash' s sound effect you right, I just been over the top there enjoing flash technology. That's was my first button I created I will make it less ecocentric. :-)

Yes your obsarvation on the form i s right again also because I alresy used this technic in almost everywhere in the site like the log in so would be coerent as well. I just easyed up a bit here to concentrate on the intrigate php-mySQL-PayPal which as not be easy as I am not a progremmer either.

Thanks again for your valuable advice. I will correct them asap.

Best wishes and Marry Christmas
Cerciello Giuseppe
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ciao Giuseppe, I'll take a look at your text for you and PM you, no worries. I'll try and get to it tomorrow (today, technically, after sleeping a little).

- Gita
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic

Post 3+ Months Ago

JustG that's smashing, very appreciated.

Thanks allot
Cerciello Giuseppe

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers