SITE REVIEW: Music Video World [mvw]

• kev89431
  • kev89431

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, how's it going? how's summer?

wanna take a few minutes check out my site? tell me what you think? i take both good & bad comments.

mvw is a site where you watch music video and listen to songs online without download. anyway, here it is http://music.yoyokevin.net

thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

One is thing is quite clear that the page is not easy loading..the contents used are good .. and i wud really appreciate if the pinkish red colour wud be changed..overall the site is good..
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.

first impressions- slow loading. although this is forgivable because the target audience should have fast connections to download videos.

content - well sorted and easy to navigate. i dont have time to check, but have you used all of your alt tags? there isnt enough text content for search engines to feed on.

colour scheme - its pink - and you are very brave for having pink (and yellow). im not a pink fan myself but if you ask me it works... the only problem is that the black gradient in the background doesnt mix with your bright yellows and pinks.

where is you forum? this can create the text content you want but you will not to mod it enough for search engines to have a party with.

resolution: 1280*1024: the video titles clash with the pink line at the bottom, but probably wouldnt on the mainstream resolutions so i wouldnt worry about it.

i have only gone to 'music video world' for this review, the 'listen online' section can be reviewed by somebody else.

also, if i were you i would seriously consider of either getting rid of your landing page(the menu) or atleast seriously lowering the loading time... this is the first impression to your site and if i wasnt reviewing it i would have probably closed the window before it had time to load, landing pages are also in the 'do-nots' of the development world.
  • tony
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tony

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
black/grey tints down the sides - not good. i think just white would be fine.
the videos were breaking up a bit - i’m on 512 broadband so i don’t think they should be doing that.
the sliding/fading images of the girls could be made more ‘gentle’ in their movement - have you tried easing in/out?
other than that i think it’s quite a nice site, good luck
tony
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site and I cant add much more to the above apart from why is there so much blank space under the plash page. Cute looking girls on the site but you may want to consider putting a a guy and a girl together so its not too sexist.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very well designed site. It's clean, trendy, hip and professional with nice eye candy. Fantastic job. I'm not a fan of the pink, but thats just me, the colore scheme working though so thats a plus.

I don't even mind the size of text being used for the heading on the login and recommended sites, and the bottom nav is even fine as the content of the site is reinforcing it enough.

Once again, great job!
  • kev89431
  • kev89431

Post 3+ Months Ago

so here are the things i should change:

*the landing page - slow loading

*black gradient background - grey doesn't fits with pink, what color do you guys think would be better (white?, .......)

*add more alt tags

*anything else?

would you guys give me some comments on the ".Listen Online."?
  • sammi
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sammi

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site took a while to load up for me... colours are nice... very entertaining I think its a great idea to allow people to play music, its japanese most of it though sooo I wont bother listening... great site! great colours, keep up the good work man!
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMO You have one awesome site there and I love the way you have designed it.

The colours you have choosen are brillant, and make it look like a fun site to surf.

The only prob I found was the Music Video World page took like 30 seonds to load on a 100Mbps cable internet connection, so I can imagine how long it would take to download for peeps on dial up.

Other then the loading times, I think you have a brillant website!!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

very interesting site. heh heh. where did you get the photos from? are they free?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers