SITE REVIEW: MVX (My first site ever)

• MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well heres my site: http://mvx.forerunners.org/
I have anohter template for it that my friend made, but havn't took a look at that yet. I now that it is to wide, and the site is not filled in yet. (Also can someone host a 3rd part forum for me). Tell me what i should improve or change about it.
Thanx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, Ummm....Im sure when you get some content on it will be rather nice. A couple suggestions however? The site is entirely too big. Im using a 1024x768 res, and even I had to scroll to see the edges of it. Try making the images smaller, i think it would look much better. Your graphics look good, just...huge. LOL I think you are doing a great job, and for a first site its not bad, it just needs some work. :D keep up the good work though!
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not very partial to the font on the top menu (yes, I know it's all the same font), but that's just one opinion. I like the layout and the colors; I see no problem there. I'm on a 1400x1050 res so I can't see i the way SharkShark sees it... therefore I can't say much lol. But most people use 800x600 or 1024x768, so it would be a good idea to make it smaller. But to me, the site's looking great!

P.S. I can host your forum for you. ;)
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya... i knew it was to big, i just havnt changed dat yet. Well, it is my first website though, and i am 13, lol. So, you want me to like change the text to be different fonts?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You shouldn't if you already like it as it is. That was just my opinion. I'm just used to seeing more than one font. I"m sure others have different opinions on that.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

You site is good (very good considering your 13! I wish i started making sites then :wink: )

I know you haven't added content to it yet but have you considered how you will start adding content to it?

When i design a website, i'm always thinking about how i can slice the images in the best possible way so that the text content inside the body will fit well. With your site this might be difficult to achieve in my eyes, but it all depends how on much content you plan to have on each section.

Also, when designing the template for a site you might want to include the navigation buttons into it, it gives a better impression of what the site will look like when its finished.

Cheers,

whos_wee_dug?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hehe I started at 13 too. Except, back then I was using that Geocities pagemaker thing. I learned how to actually code like a year later. Random fact lol.
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol cool, my friend wants his template up instead, he says its so much better, but i havnt seen it yet. Getting it today, so we will find out :(
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, my only idea is to make it smaller and give it content. Since theres nothing else there..........I geuss I cant say anything. ;)
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

welll... since i am a noob at this... thats what is kind of slowing me down... HOW DO I FREAKING PUT TEXT IN THE BOXES WITH DREAMWEAVER!
  • Pixelbug
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pixelbug

Post 3+ Months Ago

the sites ok, but its way too big for my liking, the buttons are huge!!!
but its ok for a first ever site
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

As already mentioned buttons way too huge, but i lke the design, well done at your age!
What does the end button on the right say on the logo please...? its a bit differnt font than the rest !
If its your site and not a friend is sharing then you choose the template, no one else, make that clear to friend, but thank him, or arrange a swop around every six months, just to please the friend.
Keep up the good work MetaVirusX, one day you'll go far!
suzie.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

MetaVirusX wrote:
welll... since i am a noob at this... thats what is kind of slowing me down... HOW DO I FREAKING PUT TEXT IN THE BOXES WITH DREAMWEAVER!

i know what you mean, i had the same prob when i started using it.
as he sliced it for you?...
then you will have all the tables laid out correctly.
where you want the text you will have to set the image in the cell to the background.
and then the text will go over it.
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not that good... so let me see what you guys can do with it, and ill learn off it.. here is my site download... mvx.forerunners.org/mvx.zip .. and here is the .psd file if you wana make a edit to the site itself.. mvx.forerunners.org/site online.psd .. thanx... (if you dont want to change it, can you just set up so i can type text into the content area!
  • sirussblack
  • sirussblack

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's okay but you really have to code CSS into there. I'm not good with Dreamweaver so I can't help you at all but it looks really crappy without a scroll bar. Just a suggestion. :)
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

no one :( i really need this stupid text to work :(
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

it really isnt that good. its way to big. the images load up quickly, thats a good thing. but its your first site, so i understand completely.theres not any content otehr then the forum which is good looking. add content
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

if u read the posts.. i dont now freaking how to :(!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post it as a seperate question then. Most of us have started not coming to this post. There was nothing else to talk about. I would post it in the Web Design forum. Good luck.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

As joe says MetaVirusX post it in the approprate forum, lots of people will help you in there.
The buttons, well musik has given loads of pshop links here:
http://www.ozzu.com/digital-art-forum/adobe-software-tutorials-tips-tricks-t19982.html this is for your buttons .
Go here ..its the correct forum for web designing:
http://www.ozzu.com/forum15.html
We really want to help you get your first web site up and running MetaVirusX use the forums, they WILL help you.
Good luck with that...i look forward to your first post.
suzie.
:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers