SITE REVIEW: MyBonusBucks.com

• mtb
  • mtb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello! Please give me some input on this site:

http://www.mybonusbucks.com

I want to know mostly:
1. Is it easy for you to understand what kind of site it is?
2. Is it "catchy" looking without being "overdone"?

Thank you. 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

1> It looks to me like some pyramid scheme ... so I'm not quite sure what it's about ... It looks to be a money giveaway ...
2> No I don't like the design at all ... It looks to me like you just threw everything in without planning ahead what it's going to look like in the end ... If you remove that "Members:" and "offers:" somewhere else and let the page be the size of the banner it would already make a difference ...

And then, how about some rollovers for the links ... And maybe just rethink the colours you've got going there ... they really don't compliment each other ...
One the"FAQ" page the table has broken badly (IE7(don't know about the other browsers)) ... That really looks terrible ...

You also may want to add a backlink to your forum, so a visitor can go back to the main navigation from the forum ...

Also on the "sign up" page, add asterikses or something to the required fields so that a client knows which fields need to be filled in ...

Then I checked the site with the w3c markup validator ... and found 77 errors ... Please check them out and see how you can correct them ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... sbucks.com
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

i VISTED YOUR SITE, IT IS BUSINESS RELATED SITE.YOUR OFFER IS GOOD AND WILL DRAW MORE VISITORS.ALL THE BEST!
  • desertroots
  • desertroots
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree...the colors are somewhat over the top and hard on the eyes. Also, it was hard for me to understand exactly what you are offering. I think it's a site where you will earn money for completing surveys and such? It's just hard to understand exactly what you are doing.
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have red links on green background on the links on the left and that`s a bad color combination. I`ve heard that peaple that are color blind will only see one color when you mix red and green.
  • Darc3st1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darc3st1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems a bit complicated to navigate in the begining but, yea its all good.
  • toothbabie
  • Born
  • Born
  • toothbabie
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very well done. You may want to consider a graphics version of your offer ... it is always better to explain the steps in a graphical way.
  • rayrip
  • rayrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a grammar problem on your getting started instructions.. it says got to registration and should say go to registration.

I personally run in 800 x 600 resolution and I just hate sites that I have to scroll right to read the text. I would make your yellow box skinnier.

Get rid of the green box and put graphic buttons with smaller descriptions.. make it look like a side menu... not just text.

Your graphics on the right aren't visible to me because I run in 800 x 600. You need to program for the smaller resolution so you don't lose a percentage of possibilities.

I know what you're trying to build here... but you need to get people to signup... even if it's just an email autoresponder so you can get people to sign up with your program later...

Do not give access to your forum or anyplace else until they've signed up, just info on what a great benefit they'll get when they signup.

You have the first page to get them to sign up. Use big print... not annoyingly big... but maybe like 16... and use black on white and red on white to get the major points across.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it seems like a site you can trust

• phatdesi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im going to be honest - it looks like a pop up website, like a spam website :?
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might I suggest making the width of the site the width of the banner, put your whos online under your vertical navbar. Drop the contrast on the header image a bit and bump up the contrast on the horizontal navbar and add some color to it. Drop the contrast on the vert navbar and the body. So there isnt so much going on.
  • mtb
  • mtb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! Thanks for your reviews. I am new to this, and designed most of this myself, so I'm sure there are some errors. I will try to correct them in the coming days.
  • yagas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am very fond of this site.
  • Lizza
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lizza

Post 3+ Months Ago

I realize from the name itself that it must be something related to business...
Way to go... :)
Good luck!
  • ketansolid
  • ketansolid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gr8 site that is!
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont even get what its about, you need to be more clear in the site, and also you need to get a better layout coz it looks like a scam to me.
  • icedteabag

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it looks more like an infommercial. If your trying to convince visitors that this is a legit business and not a scam you may try a cleaner design with lighter colors and a more professional look.
  • baddad1
  • baddad1
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site.It seems easy to navigate and should bring you the business you are looking for.
  • adfodo
  • adfodo

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is eye catching but the green goes a bit over the top. I think maybe if you used some less flashy colors it would inspire more trust in the people viewing your site.
  • kwiatek
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, it's hard to understand the kind of UR site, THEN I don't like this light-green menu, 'cause this color is a color of not very smart things(hope u understand what I mean:-)). And in my humble opinion it isn't catchy....Sorry:-( But anyway-good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers