SITE REVIEW: mynoteIT for college students.

• effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

mynoteIT http://www.mynoteit.com is almost ready to be released from beta stages but I would like a decent amount of people to try it out and give me one last round of feedback before its "publically released". Please visit the website and either register your own account or use the trial account and definitly let me know what I can improve.

Here is a little more information about mynoteIT.

Students, are you tired of those countless, sleepless nights you spend searching through weeks (or months) of notes to get your assignment done? We thought so.

mynoteIT is an extremely powerful utility for any student at any grade level. You can store all your school information in one place, and access it anywhere in the world instantly.

Here are some reasons why every student would benifit from mynoteIT. Tell us the scores you get on assignments throughout the semester and we will automatically calculate your grade. Instant access to your teacher's contact information. Our note taking area has an auto-save feature so you never lose any of your notes if your browser crashes. You can also lookup words you don't know, and translate words between languages, instantly inside your workspace. If you need help on a certain subject, use our community search to find what you need, even bookmark notes for later use. Need to find those notes you thought you would never need from two months ago? Use the Your Search option to search through your notes instantly. Build a friends list so you can easily get in contact with your classmates. Our calendar allows you to view all your upcoming assignments so you never forget what is due again. Create (or join) groups at your school so you can more easily share information with the people who need it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

any reviews would be much appreciated ;]
  • Rhew Churyll
  • Rhew Churyll

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since I don't use online sites very often other than sport forums and dictionaries, one thing I look for in a site such as your is examples, or tutorials on the front page or images.

If you had images of how the site operates, it would probably give the user an idea of what the site actually does.

Its a good idea though.
  • effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah thats the biggest think thats been bothering me is just plain text on the homepage, but that is another reason i added the "Try mynoteIT" link so you can login to the trial account and see how it works without signing up.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked at your site and at first it didnt look like much. You might go for a more educational design to it. Maybe put a picture of some students working. Sence this is for students to be using a computer in a class you might want to get a picture of someone on a computer in a classroom. I wouldnt do the bubble type page. Make it strate forward. That doesnt mean you cant have a nice design but make it clear and easy on the eyes. You are planning on people beening at your site for hours. You might want to put some interesting blurgs on the front page. These would be like new disguestions or some of the popular groups. When someone sines in make it look nice. Not just a list. Like on the front page how I suggest the groups. Make it show a list of groups from there school, or from classes of the same type. This way its more user friendly and people dont have to serach for stuff. Things that relate to them will show up on the console. I would look into something that looks like a news paper. Dont make your site blog like.

http://nytimes.com/
http://www.msn.com/

I really like the idea. If you can get this kicked off I think it will be the next big thing. As long as it doesnt crash before a big test :wink:
  • effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks a lot spoof you gave me a lot to work with. You will all gradually see these updates, but while thats happening please let me know what else you would like to see done. Thanks a lot.
  • effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

The homepage (index.php) has a lot more of a graphical look to it now, as does the homepage (welcome.php). its not just a list of options anymore.

If you would please let me know how this new design looks on the new pages (use trial account if you dont want to register an account. http://mynoteit.com/triallogin.php

Thanks agian.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the new look of your site. One thing that I see you have removed is the part that tells you how many assignments you have due in the next 48 hours. Great job :iconthumbleft: :iconthumbleft: :iconthumbleft: :iconthumbleft: 4 out of 5 :lol:
  • effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
One thing that I see you have removed is the part that tells you how many assignments you have due in the next 48 hours.

Its not "removed", it just doenst show up until you have actual assignments due in the next 24 hours to save space :)
  • handaajay15
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • handaajay15
  • Loc: vermont

Post 3+ Months Ago

effektz wrote:

Here are some reasons why every student would benifit from mynoteIT. Tell us the scores you get on assignments throughout the semester and we will automatically calculate your grade. Instant access to your teacher's contact information. Our note taking area has an auto-save feature so you never lose any of your notes if your browser crashes. You can also lookup words you don't know, and translate words between languages, instantly inside your workspace. If you need help on a certain subject, use our community search to find what you need, even bookmark notes for later use. Need to find those notes you thought you would never need from two months ago? Use the Your Search option to search through your notes instantly. Build a friends list so you can easily get in contact with your classmates. Our calendar allows you to view all your upcoming assignments so you never forget what is due again. Create (or join) groups at your school so you can more easily share information with the people who need it.

You have provided such a good and detailed information about your website. But I could not find on your website any information like this. I think it will be very good for your website to have introduction section like this on your home page. So that people can understand.

Also, Just my personal opinion, Google ads brings revenue only after you have achieved a lot of traffic on your site. If your site is not popular and you are trying to build traffic, Google ADS are more of annoyance than revenue maker. ( Its just my personal opinion, Dont kill me for giving it:) )
  • effektz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • effektz

Post 3+ Months Ago

of course not, like i said I appreciate ALL feed back, honestly. I like the idea of a "Need help" page or something along those lines explaining all the fatures in detail, how to find them and how to use them.

As for google ads, I chose to put them up from the beginning because I've seen websites "jump into" advertising once they get sort of big and users go nuts "They've sold out etc etc" when really revenue is needed to run the servers.

But thanks for the reply and anything else is appreciated

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers