SITE REVIEW: MyPlasticFriend.com.au

• jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, would love any comments/criticisms on my new credit card related website, http://www.Myplasticfriend.com.au

At the moment there are a couple of broken links, and some of the formatting hasn't been finalised yet, so I'm just looking for an overall feeling on the general design, usability, concept etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Jonathan
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone? Don't be shy, us Aussies don't bite!
  • braden
  • Born
  • Born
  • braden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I like the logo/mascot thing you got going on, but what I think it needs is sort of a more visual navigation bar-type thing. Like have images behind the links. (Sorry , I'm a noob, I don't really know what you call that) You obviously have some computer art skills if you made that logo, so I don't think it would be too hard.

Also, the bit in the top right corner where it says " The credit card - guardian angel or plastic devil?", and the "guardian angel" is written in yellow, you might wanna make that blue just because it's hard to see on the white background, and the angel credit card is blue in the logo.

That last bit was mostly me being nit-picky

I really hope this site turns out for you , it looks like you put a lot of work into it.
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Braden, thanks for the reply. Actually, I must confess I had the graphics made for me! Could you show me an example of the visual navigation bar thing you were talking about?

Any other comments?
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site looks nice everything is good but you havent got a header! its a negative thing for it,isnt it?
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

cute icons, but your tables are way off and things are just out of place, a fix up is needed thats for sure.
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Karinca. You might be right about the lack of a header - I'll do some experimenting.

Littlephoenix - glad you told me, I didn't even realise there was a problem with the tables. Are you using IE or Firefox? Things seem to look ok in IE at 1024*768.

Love to hear any other input as well, thanks everyone.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is a bit broken in Firefox 2.0, but overall it's nice. Love the logo, very nice and unique I might say. try to see what does make the site look "weird" in Firefox and I think you're OK.

Pleasant look and colours. A good layout overall.
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Dojo, I'll see what I can do about Firefox. Glad you liked the logo!
  • jeff332525
  • Born
  • Born
  • jeff332525
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like many of the theme icons, but your tables are way off on mine as well =/
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The logo design is really nice! I think your adsense ad could use more blending, maybe try making the background and border of the website grey (like your background)
  • artcoder
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I really like the two characters. However, as I scroll down the page, I mainly is the blue angel characters and the red devil character is not used as often. You might want to balance the roles of the two characters a bit. Perhaps put the devil character for the credit card debt sections.

I actually think it is fine to not have a masthead in your case. The yellow text "guardian angel" is not enough constrast with the white background, I think. Bolding it might help.
  • fadetoblack22
  • fadetoblack22

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a good start. try using a darker background. it will offset the page nicely.
  • fadetoblack22
  • fadetoblack22

Post 3+ Months Ago

the logo is good though!
  • infernal21
  • infernal21

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks great, I like everything except the menu bar. Looks like it can get improved. To me it looks dull, spice it up a bit.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

first thing I notice ...
I am using firefox 2 and the menu doesn't look right to me, in IE7 it looks fine, but as you can see, the div is not the correct length, and it seems to be too wide ...

27 errors found in your coding, and not even a DOCTYPE ... you can click here to see the errors now ...

Then how about some rollovers for the left hand menu, and maybe not just the usual blue links, but something a bit more exciting ...

Also you could disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "Articles" page, then you could disable the "Articles" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), this will prevent the user from redirecting to the same page he/she is on and it would make sure he/she knows which page he/she is on ...

Here's another error in firefox, again I don't see this in IE7 ...please make sure to correct this asap ...

On the "blog" page there is the same issue as above where the tent goes past the page ending ... Same with the "Credit Cards" and "Credit Card Debt" page

On the "articles" page there is a big gap between the content and the footer image ...

The "Card Compare" page doesn't seem to follow the layout that the other pages do, that's not very good design practise to make each page different ...

The "Debt (per credit card)" image is very hard to see, maybe put a link from it to a bigger picture ...

So I would just suggest that you download the newest firefox and test your site in it aswell ...
  • VeX92
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the credit card people lol
  • WebDon
  • WebDon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also noticed that the site lacks a sufficient header. It seems like the My plastic friend logo should be in alignment with the credit cards. just my opinions.
  • 8dpa23K
  • Born
  • Born
  • 8dpa23K

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks good.

jonathanl3 wrote:
Hi everyone, would love any comments/criticisms on my new credit card related website, http://www.Myplasticfriend.com.au

At the moment there are a couple of broken links, and some of the formatting hasn't been finalised yet, so I'm just looking for an overall feeling on the general design, usability, concept etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Jonathan
  • Susan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Susan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool site, too much content on the homepage.
  • omar1piamba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Colombia, Neiva (Huila)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm a "little" late feedbacking: I suggest to make font sizes bigger... It was a little difficult for me to read...

A friend from Colombia
  • BigSplashWebDesign
  • BigSplashWebDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks a little plain. It could be a little snazzier if you want it to look professional. Also, the menu on the left side should be nicer. Navigation is the key to any good site. Lastly, the ads at the top are the first thing you see. There should be something to draw the visitor in first.
  • Slavland
  • Born
  • Born
  • Slavland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

You have a very nice logo, but when I see it for the first time, I have thought that this is some plastic condoms :) or cartoons... They don't look like plastic cards :)

Regards
Georgy

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers