SITE REVIEW: MySpace 2.0

• bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

While I primarily did this for fun, once I 'perfect' it and fix it up in IE (it's nasty) I'm going to submit it to Tom... I doubt he'd use it 99.9%, but personally, I'm rather sick of looking at the old MySpace design. While it's not 100% up to Web standards, it's much more so than the current MySpace site (or at least I'd imagine it is)... though it has a few oddities.

Anyhow, at the moment it's only going to display correctly if you're using FireFox (not sure which version, I'm using 1.5.0.1). For those of you using IE or another web browser, I'll take a screenshot of it so you can get the general idea.

FireFox users: http://www.ligerexpress.com/myspace2/
Other web browsers: http://www.ligerexpress.com/myspace2/preview2.gif
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent layout, very new aged while having nice ergonomical colors. I like that its easy on the eyes.. Not so sure it would be with tons of images and stuff.. but meh. I would much rather stair at this then the current one :D
  • wellstyled
  • wellstyled

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool layout and colors - perhaps limit the diagonal lines in the background so they aren't in everything.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, that's my main concern... even if it were to be used, it's a lot more delicate and liable to break if MySpace users post their oversized images and all that crap.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

wellstyled wrote:
Cool layout and colors - perhaps limit the diagonal lines in the background so they aren't in everything.

Those lines are only present in the preview.jpg. It's a "watermark", I guess.
  • wellstyled
  • wellstyled

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluephoenix wrote:
wellstyled wrote:

Those lines are only present in the preview.jpg. It's a "watermark", I guess.

Ah, I'm an idiot. I just reloaded, no diag. lines, looks awesome. In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Nevermind"
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I updated the image, anyhow. The "old" version had duller colors. I made them more vibrant and removed the diagnol lines.
  • LIXX
  • LIXX
  • Loc: North Carolina

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea looks great man, hopefully tom isnt a up tight guy
  • Naked Dave
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a really cool idea. That would be awesome if that Tom guy decides to use it. Because MySpace's layout sucks big fat ones.
  • JcbTkht
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JcbTkht
  • Loc: Houston,Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

This looks very professional and clean. As one of the above replies said, I'm not sure after people add pictures and stuff if it would look so good, but then again that would be up to them. Also, not sure if you knew this but Tom sold MYSpace to Sony, I believe. He still sticks around on those weekly messages though.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seriously? To Sony? Where did you hear this? I... I don't know if I believe that quite so easily.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers