SITE REVIEW: mytipper.com

• Dannyh
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dannyh

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my e107 and ecommerce coding site. I have played with some basic designs before, but nothing that i have thought was of any real quality. This is the first one (A tweaked design from oswd.org) that I am happy with.,

Just wondering if you can throw some reviews at me.

Thanks a lot

edit: ooops the url helps :) http://www.mytipper.com

Dan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alopes
  • alopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should bring more quality to your website and remove the "Lorem ipsum..." things. And other thing to do is to create an image claiming that you are selling and ecommerce module for e107.
Regards, Adriano
  • edrawing
  • Born
  • Born
  • edrawing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site, wonderful!
  • beefykoala
  • beefykoala

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks clean and professional. Yay for not too much crap!
  • bad_bob00
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bad_bob00

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and everything, looks like a good site so far.

Would think about adding some colour to the "new since your last visit" section. Just to make the main fields in the table to stand out a little.

Also you might want to try and add something to the main navigation bar at the top of the page, at the moment your adverts stand out a lot more and its confusing as to which is your sites content and which is just adverts (probably not a bad thing still).

The green text on the bottom of the page is a little awkward to read, you might want to darken it a little.
Also you might want to add some code to the scroll bars on the "latest downloads" box, it would look nicer if they were blue and not grey.

Good luck with the website.
Matt
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site loads quickly and the design is simple. I like it :)
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would put a logo up. and think about the focus of the site some.. other than that.. aok
  • xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont worry about it being basic in design. Sometimes simplicity is best. I like the use of white space and the fast load time. It is a good site with well placed ads. If you get some traffic you will definitely get some revenue.
  • michaelcrawford
  • michaelcrawford

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is this site about?

On landing onto the home page you should at least mention what e107 is and what zogoshop is. I went to home, purchase, service and contact and still nothing.

The site is clean and easy to read. I like the colors and simplicity.

Perhaps an opening paragraph that briefly descibes what the purpose of this site is on the home page would help.

Regards,

Mike.
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dannyh wrote:
This is my e107 and ecommerce coding site. I have played with some basic designs before, but nothing that i have thought was of any real quality. This is the first one (A tweaked design from oswd.org) that I am happy with.,

After load your site with Seamonkey Nightly Build, something was wrong. So I take a look in your source:
Code: [ Select ]
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

- XHTML 1.1?

Then I test the page information, your site is delivered as "text/html" in "Standards compliance mode". The W3C says "XHTML 1.1 documents should only serve as application/xhtml+xml".

Now i test your source:
- XHTML, Failed validation, 30 errors
- CSS, Please, validate your XML document first!

I know the templates from oswd.org. The most templates are valid in CSS and (X)HTML.

Some informations for you:

- not all currently most commonly browser can work correct with XHTML 1.0
- XHTML 1.1 only have the <ruby>-Annontation, beside from that there are no differences to XHTML 1.0
- XHTML 1.0 can be serve as "text/html" without the <?xml...?>
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would introduce some graphics and get tid of those ads on top, put them on bottom if you must have them

good site

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers