SITE REVIEW: Nameslot.com

• nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone. I have launched a new domain name site.

Thought that it will work as too many webmasters have domains for sale.

please give your feed back on the site.

The link is: http://www.nameslot.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

So this is basically a forum about domain names? Or do you take a cut of any sale? It's a little confusing...

You also come off a bit rough on your first post:

This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.

Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or Email.

Each forum may have its own set of rules. Please read them carefully. If the rules are not found then the general rules apply for that particular forum.

I would probably read that and pass. Also, the instructions/ guidelines laid out after that are going to be hard to enforce. This seems like it will become a haven for spam.

You may also want to label what the icons on the top right are for.

Found a few misspellings as well.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments. I will keep that in mind. Thanks once again.
  • flash_f
  • Born
  • Born
  • flash_f

Post 3+ Months Ago

very good
  • vasam
  • vasam

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I first came I did not understand what is this site for.
It is necessary to make some 'welcome' page and introduce your services at home page.

Good graphic icons. But I do not understand the logo, it must describe your services somehow. I'm sure that I will forget it in 15 minutes.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I was first there I was a little confused about the theme of the site. I wasnt sure what is was quick enough. Maybe a catchy yet "lets me know quick" slogan or phrase under the words Nameslot on the banner. Yours already has one, but domain name playground is letting me know exactly what the site is about really.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a site where people can buy or sell their already owned domains. You can also talk about domain names and get tips about it.

At first I had very few members so the discussions were not sparking off. But now it is getting smooth.

Thanks all of you for your kind comments and reviews.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi this is nice clean and simple, its easy on the eye, has some funky icons

well done

samp
  • azshah
  • azshah
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very attractive site you got there ...but when the first time visitor visits your site it is difficult to figure out what is the site about and as some one mentioned earlier you should have a name with your icon links on the top right corner or atlease info about the links on mouse over... overall very nice site and nice work you have done their..
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am very good at PHP and mySQL but I cannot figure out how should I put text on that icons. Are yo people suggesting me to make a tooltip type of text or should I edit the photoshop files of the template that I am using?
  • mdancy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mdancy
  • Loc: hong kong

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I like the site, easy on the eyes, simple to navigate. Agree with the others that it isn't totally clear what your business purpose is.

The navigation icons look great - probably you should have some text associated with them, but I wouldn't ruin them by editing the graphics with text, maybe some kind of mouseover text or as you said, a tool tip.

Mdancy
http://www.tonydancy.com
  • baggiho
  • baggiho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. Awesome website! I think you should change you pictures a bit
  • Detektiv
  • Loc: World Wide Web

Post 3+ Months Ago

nameslot wrote:
Hello everyone. I have launched a new domain name site.

Thought that it will work as too many webmasters have domains for sale.

please give your feed back on the site.

The link is: http://www.nameslot.com

This is not a site this is are forum?
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay if you think it is not a site and it is a forum then should I put it in forum review section which we don';t have here.
  • netguard
  • netguard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and easy site, good navigation through the forum and it has nice catchy icons.

There are already a lot of domain talk sites out there so you might have a hard time finding enough users to sustain this site.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah having a hard time to find users. Can anyone suggest some ideas.
  • dsheehan
  • dsheehan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The overall site is pleasing to the eye.

In IE6 the top part (rounded portion) of your page doesn't center/align with the rest of the page on anything except the home page.
  • miliniumeye
  • Born
  • Born
  • miliniumeye

Post 3+ Months Ago

i personally like your forums but you need to put descriptions underneath the forums titles
  • spowart
  • Loc: London United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice tidy site sit really well in the browser btw i run Safari 1.3.1 OSX
I like the icons on the top nice and big.

Plus the site is totally dynamic. Wish I could do that lol

Keep up the good work

:D
  • spiderden
  • Loc: Tennessee

Post 3+ Months Ago

i loved this site... very nice layout.... i loved the colors they went very nice with the theme.... i liked this site enough to join the site myself... the one thing that you should consider changing would be... if i wa you i would put a brief decryption of what your site offers on the home page... but everything was just fine thank you for putting this one up... i give you an A++
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

First think I noticed were the nice icons. The problem is, the background of the icons don't blend in with the rest of your header. And I'm also not much for scrolling text. Mabe you could also have some text to describe the site so people just don't see "nameslot, domain name playground"
  • gavinmullins
  • gavinmullins

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there,

The fron page i think would be better suited as a second page. As others have commented, it would be clearer if you had a front page describing the service, this would also help with SEO rankings.

Apart from that, now i know what it does i will check in on it from time to time.

Good Luck
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would agree with some of the other posters. I think there needs to be an explination of what your site is doing.

Frank
  • fuzzyscience
  • fuzzyscience

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean design. Quick, intuitive navigation. As some have commented, I would add a page that describes the purpose of your site. Good luck!
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

man i wish i could make a forum out of script like that 0.o....lol never tried making a forum out of script i soon will looks very nice good on eyes

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers