SITE REVIEW: Net Gnuk Tierra

• tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've done maybe 15 other site designs and currently run about 5 different sites, but this is my first design to completely rid HTML tables, and go fully CSS/DIV (of which I've used CSS in almost all my designs, but it was only assigning properties to full tags like <a>, <td>, and <body>. I've never used DIV tags before this).

My skills are better homed at backend PHP/SQL script programming (such as the new project started on this site yesterday).

This is my personal website... my own little home =).

http://tierra.gnuk.net/

Edit: I should of also noted that I use Mozilla Firebird (and this being a webmaster forum, everyone else should be too as it's only the best browser :) ). I hadn't even seen what IE did to my site until yesterday. As noted on the site, I could care less about fixing it for IE unless my new project turns out a good number of hits and it's highly requested that I fix it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Creatormaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Creatormaster
  • Loc: Nevada

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a great site, I love the way you formated it!
  • Creatormaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Creatormaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recommend not using foul language in such a nice website layout in which will have lots of visitors. I also doubt that every person that has IE will go and download a different browser.

But!

I like your site because it has a lot of different light up links, some sites have the same ones everywhere! and that gets on my nerves. I am glad that you changed to the <div> because I am trying that myself, but once again, IE does screw it up. Here is a suguestion:

You should try and get AllWebMenu's Pro to do a scrolling web menu that will scroll gently when the user scrolls down, it is less hassle to go all the way to the top, and it looks cooler!

Tootles!
Jonathan
  • tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jonathan, I'll look into AllWebMenu's Pro. That is a good idea.

Because it's my personal site, and more for my own use, I don't always feel I should hold back my obscenities. Though your right, even if it is my personal site, if I expect a number of people to visit and say that 70% of Americans (I don't know the excact number) are Christian, I should probably hold back.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

sadly I am christian and it doesn't phase me.

You have to take into account the 80% of christians that don't hold all the values at heart.

And then the 1% that are actually atheists at heart.

Its a sad world, but some people just need something to attach themselves to.
  • tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess your right about that... I'm not one of the 70% or whatever it is, but I work with a number of people who are, and they don't hold all those values to heart.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I happen to be an atheist, yet still pretty much follow Christian morals. Most of my friends that are Christians, however, don't have very good morals...I find that quite odd. My theory is that they must need Christianity so that they can feel forgiven for the things that they do. I don't do too much that I need forgiveness for, thus I do not seek it.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently a Notional Christian, I don't believe in a lot of the things taught, but I still go to church, and plan on being confirmed this fall, which makes me and adult in the church and i'll finally get to make my own choices on my faith!

I just have to say it is a sad world when 'holy' people do 'unholy' deeds. I for one know several devout christians that will turn their noses up to many people in our community because they think they are better then the rest.
  • Creatormaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Creatormaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a christian, and I believe in him with all of my heart. I also believe in the Holy Bible. I was raised to believe that, and you can see in my site. crosspoint.org I have grown to a church with youth that also believe in him... So if you want info just pm me :)
  • tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I don't want to sound racist or anthing, but this all got a little off topic. Go review my site :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers